Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    HI,
    say for instance you get an interview for med, and you didnt get as good as the rest of the applicants in AS, and they ask you why you didn't do as well, what would you say?
    My actual reason in becuase i did maths , english and chem and bio. I had to memorise 4 books in english, so i didnt put 110% effort into chem and bio
    now i have to pay for it.!!!
    help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by papajani1234)
    HI,
    say for instance you get an interview for med, and you didnt get as good as the rest of the applicants in AS, and they ask you why you didn't do as well, what would you say?
    My actual reason in becuase i did maths , english and chem and bio. I had to memorise 4 books in english, so i didnt put 110% effort into chem and bio
    now i have to pay for it.!!!
    help
    They won't ask you why you didn't do as well as others, because they only offer an interview if your predicted grades are the minimum requirement they ask for. Therefore, IF you get an interview it means your grades are high enough.

And as for your answer, thats a terrible answer, essentially you're saying that the only way you know how to revise i to memorise textbooks (terrible way to revise btw since when you have more content to learn, its impossible to memorise a whole textbook), also it says that you can't cope the the (comparitively minimal) workload of AS'a (so how can you cope with med school workload?) and that you're lazy becuase you didn't put in all your effort. While you realised that you were lazy, don't change the fact that you were lazy
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    They won't ask you that - waste of a question and I very much doubt the interviewer is going to have your AS results. Much better use of time to ask you about personal qualities - if you meet the minimum requirements of the medical school (which you would if you're at interview) it wouldn't make any sense for the interviewer to effectively say "oh so you've met the minimum requirements, but why haven't you exceeded them significantly?"

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.