Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Im going to a very average uni to study law and messed up badly on one of my alevels , and wish to resit it alongside the first year of law as Ive been told for law graduate schemes/recruiters find a levels very important. Is this true- how important are a levels for a career as a paralegal/lawyer? Would you recommend resitting? Im aiming to get a 2.1 for my degree..

Thanks for any advice,

much appreciated
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    Considering what you posted below, I think you already know the extended answer to your question. I'm surprised you've chosen Law if you want to work with Disabled people?

To your question, yes your A Level grades matter. But there are Diversity Schemes out there for people with lower than expected A Level grades. Competition is fierce. But can you really be bothered to resit A Levels when studying a degree? Do you have the time?

(Original post by artymaniac)
    Im studying religious studies, economics and psychology for a level.. what uni courses do u recommend I should go for which I can get in with these subjects? Id love to work with disabled people and help but I don't like science . I volunteer for 2 hours a week to help people with disabilities and have got a good reference from the place but how can I relate this to a future job with these a levels. im m predicted to get AAB for these subjects not looking for top unis! just a good career and decent uni.

ReputationRep:
    Hi that post was 2 years ago.. a lot can change!! i was exploring possible options back then but now ive decided to go through with law... it looks like work experience is more important anyway so i might leave the retake...QUOTE=Mimir;67233708]Considering what you posted below, I think you already know the extended answer to your question. I'm surprised you've chosen Law if you want to work with Disabled people?

To your question, yes your A Level grades matter. But there are Diversity Schemes out there for people with lower than expected A Level grades. Competition is fierce. But can you really be bothered to resit A Levels when studying a degree? Do you have the time?[/QUOTE]

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.