The Student Room Group

Worked so hard for GCSES but know I failed.

Scroll to see replies

Where are the IGCSE ENGLISH LANGUAGE grade boundaries? (Cambridge)
Yeah, I think they marked kindly this year (hence the high grade boundaries)
I feel the same way so if I fail tomorrow then the fact is that the education system in this country is rigged and f up but if I pass then this is the greatest country in the world

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Original post by Marshall Taylor
Yeah, I think they marked kindly this year (hence the high grade boundaries)

Do you think so?
Original post by DatSmartGuy
I feel the same way so if I fail tomorrow then the fact is that the education system in this country is rigged and f up but if I pass then this is the greatest country in the world

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahahaha :giggle:
I am certain I absolutely ruined my chances at my predicted grade (A/A*) in core science after the physics exam - like I'm lucky if I got a D and I only get one grade overall - and I feel the exact same way you guys do but hopefully all the work we've done will pay off. Good luck!
Original post by rdlewiss
This is literally me! I keep thinking I should've worked harder but I know that's impossible. I hate that they get to determine how capable we are but I really hope you get the grades you want. Nothing sucks more than working hard and not having it pay off. The best of luck for tomorrow! xox

Thank you so so much this has cheered me up now! :smile: I hope you get all the grades you want too! I know, I hate that my friends are all A* students and they work effortlessly to get their grades while I have to work for hours on end to achieve an A! The best of luck to you too, I'm just hoping that the hard work will pay off for the both of us when we see those grades :-)
Original post by Rajive
Do you think so?

Yes
Never understood how people complain about something that hasn't happened yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't worry cos I thought I just passed pretty much everything even after looking at the results but it turned out I did really well- I wasn't looking properly only the insignificant subjects didn't go tremendously well
This is literally me! I keep thinking I should've worked harder but I know that's impossible. I hate that they get to determine how capable we are but I really hope you get the grades you want. Nothing sucks more than working hard and not having it pay off. The best of luck for tomorrow! xox

I hope everything went well for you! :smile: All of mine were A's and B's, which is exactly what I wished for :biggrin: The hard work definitely does pay off imo!
Reply 51
Original post by twhiddy
I hope everything went well for you! :smile: All of mine were A's and B's, which is exactly what I wished for :biggrin: The hard work definitely does pay off imo!

Hey! Oh wow! Congrats, I'm so happy for you! I got 1A*, few A's and B's. Im so incredibly happy and I guess hard work actually payed off. Good luck for a levels. xox
Hey! Oh wow! Congrats, I'm so happy for you! I got 1A*, few A's and B's. Im so incredibly happy and I guess hard work actually payed off. Good luck for a levels. xox

Well done! Congratulations! See, hard work does pay off in the end! You worked hard and you deserve the grades you got!
:banana2::awesome::beer::blow::borat::bumps::clap2::dance::five::hugs::nyan::yay:

CONGRATS! I got As for all the subjects I'm taking for A-levels so I'm really happy about that! :smile: Good luck for A-evels:smile:
Don't worry- if you've really worked that hard, all your efforts will definitely pay off if not in the form of good grades then maybe something better is coming your way! - don't think all that will ever go to waste
But I do understand how you feel as I too worked my socks off once I got started with my revision. I got 2A*s 3As 2Bs 3Cs and 1 D - and that D I got was in French which I thought at the time I had aced the exams for and only my controlled assessments could let me down but according to my breakdown I ended up (weirdly) getting a U in the listening exam and b in the reading :frown:
2 of the Cs were from biology and graphics which have left me stunned because I worked my socks off for bio memorising everything I thought I needed but I Nearly had a heart attack twice once looking at b 123 and again looking at b456- it was like my bio teacher had written that ugly exam. As for graphics 60% was coursework that I spent what felt like my whole kid perfecting ( I worked so hard) and only got a b then a D in the exam averaging to a C.
I can still do bio at a level like I wanted to but don't think I should anymore as I don't think I'll survive doing it!

Quick Reply

Latest