Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What are my options? They do not do resits for final years. I have never failed an exam before.

ReputationRep:
    Can't you retake the exam or in the worst case, retake the year?

ReputationRep:
    Better to get the 2:1 than walk out the door with a no honours degree. Not having a 2:1 will severely limit
    your ability to get onto a masters/ graduate scheme. Though it isn't the end of the world, you will find a job regardless.

ReputationRep:
    I will not get a 2.1. I will not get honors. I was on a 2.1 before my final year exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by momoneyme89)
    Can't you retake the exam or in the worst case, retake the year?
    No retakes at UOB

ReputationRep:
    Better to get the 2:1 than walk out the door with a no honours degree. Not having a 2:1 will severely limit
    your ability to get onto a masters/ graduate scheme. Though it isn't the end of the world, you will find a job regardless.
    Per our handbook

"
    There are no re-sits for modules taken in the final year of your degree programme. Failure of a module in the final year will have an impact on the class of degree a student is awarded.Failure in more than one final year module may mean that a student is not eligible to beawarded a degree. The relevant University regulations provide that a pass degree may beawarded on the recommendation of the Board of Examiners to a student who has achievedat least 300 credits including passes in at least 80 credits at level H (i.e. final year modules). "

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by singingblood)
    No retakes at UOB
    That's annoying, what about retaking final year?

Worst case scenario is switching universities?

ReputationRep:
    That's annoying, what about retaking final year?

Worst case scenario is switching universities?
    Switching unis how?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by singingblood)
    Switching unis how?
    Just phone up other unis if they can take you for 3rd year, given your interim transcript. If not, jump onto a masters.

ReputationRep:
    Just phone up other unis if they can take you for 3rd year, given your interim transcript. If not, jump onto a masters.
    I have one exam left in my final year. Will i be accepted just to do a third year?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.