Had a 2.1 failed one exam in final year. No Hons. What to do next? University of Bham

Watch this thread
singingblood
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
What are my options? They do not do resits for final years. I have never failed an exam before.
momoneyme89
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
Can't you retake the exam or in the worst case, retake the year?
momoneyme89
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Better to get the 2:1 than walk out the door with a no honours degree. Not having a 2:1 will severely limit
your ability to get onto a masters/ graduate scheme. Though it isn't the end of the world, you will find a job regardless.
singingblood
Rep:
I will not get a 2.1. I will not get honors. I was on a 2.1 before my final year exams.
singingblood
Rep:
(Original post by momoneyme89)
Can't you retake the exam or in the worst case, retake the year?
No retakes at UOB
singingblood
Rep:
Better to get the 2:1 than walk out the door with a no honours degree. Not having a 2:1 will severely limit
your ability to get onto a masters/ graduate scheme. Though it isn't the end of the world, you will find a job regardless.
Per our handbook

"
There are no re-sits for modules taken in the final year of your degree programme. Failure of a module in the final year will have an impact on the class of degree a student is awarded.Failure in more than one final year module may mean that a student is not eligible to beawarded a degree. The relevant University regulations provide that a pass degree may beawarded on the recommendation of the Board of Examiners to a student who has achievedat least 300 credits including passes in at least 80 credits at level H (i.e. final year modules). "
momoneyme89
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by singingblood)
No retakes at UOB
That's annoying, what about retaking final year?

Worst case scenario is switching universities?
singingblood
Rep:
That's annoying, what about retaking final year?

Worst case scenario is switching universities?
Switching unis how?
momoneyme89
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by singingblood)
Switching unis how?
Just phone up other unis if they can take you for 3rd year, given your interim transcript. If not, jump onto a masters.
singingblood
Rep:
Just phone up other unis if they can take you for 3rd year, given your interim transcript. If not, jump onto a masters.
I have one exam left in my final year. Will i be accepted just to do a third year?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (19)
18.63%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (35)
34.31%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (6)
5.88%
Speaking to staff members from universities (2)
1.96%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (10)
9.8%
Reading articles about what steps to take (19)
18.63%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (4)
3.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
6.86%

Watched Threads