Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to get over a potential lover? #Flylove Watch

ReputationRep:
    I met a girl in Malaga, a couple of weeks ago. I can't seem to get over her.
    We didn't speak to each other, but eye contact did play a role in communication.
    I went up to her in a sort of shy, scared way on my last day, to try and get to know her, but the problem is, although I did a lot of planning, I rushed it at the end and my effort lacked a tad, which led to my failure.

Q: What tips would you provide me with, so it doesn't happen again with another girl?

Try and talk to her, girls love it when you give them your attention. Try not to be awkward around her or lurk around her when she is with her friends. Instead just wait until she is alone and then go straight up and talk to her, don't hang around 10 metres away from her in the hope she comes to you. Also try and engage her in interesting conversation and get her to open up by asking her questions. But of course try not to be too clingy or anything. If all else fails just smile at her and compliment her every now and again. Just remember don't go chasing a girl or be too forward with her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Try and talk to her, girls love it when you give them your attention. Try not to be awkward around her or lurk around her when she is with her friends. Instead just wait until she is alone and then go straight up and talk to her, don't hang around 10 metres away from her in the hope she comes to you. Also try and engage her in interesting conversation and get her to open up by asking her questions. But of course try not to be too clingy or anything. If all else fails just smile at her and compliment her every now and again. Just remember don't go chasing a girl or be too forward with her.
    The problem is I went up to her and asked her to come down to the lobby; a bar;, as I wanted to talk to her, whilst she was with her friend.

Was it a bad move?! I went straight in, without introducing.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 24, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.