Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I am very certain you will get an offer. I came from a poor educational background, which I have mentioned in a supplement personal statement. The admissions team is flexible and friendly, and most importantly understood my situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glebp)
    Yes, I am very certain you will get an offer. I came from a poor educational background, which I have mentioned in a supplement personal statement. The admissions team is flexible and friendly, and most importantly understood my situation.
    Hi, thats great news! What do you mean by a supplement personal statement? Is this the additional P.S you give along side your main one. Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    Adding onto what glebp said, it may give you an advantage if you come from a poor educational background as it makes you seem a lot more determined and hardworking. Good luck for your A-levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ze Witcher)
    Hi, thats great news! What do you mean by a supplement personal statement? Is this the additional P.S you give along side your main one. Thanks in advance!
    Yes that is it! But it seems that you would be a competitive applicant without the suppliment PS

Its called an AWARDS form, if you want to find out more..

ReputationRep:
    Defo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ze Witcher)
    Hi, I am considering doing an Accounting and Finance course/ or Economics at Warwick.

I am doing Math, Chemistry and 3D Product Design and got AAA in my AS and predicted an AAA/A*AA in my A2. I couldn't do 4 AS as I go to a low performing school and they mainly do BTEC's instead of A-levels. I am also from a disadvantaged area so not too sure if I'd get flagged for a contextual offer. I do have the opportunity to teach myself Further Math AS but curious to know what you guys would say. I haven't been able to choose Economics/Accounting/anything business related as my school doesn't offer these subjects; they offer business but its a BTEC so I didn't do it.

As for GCSE's I received 2A*, 6As, 5Bs - not great but bear in mind of how poorly performing my school is - I also had received the best in my year too.... shocking I know.

I have relevant work experience in a Chartered Accountants firm and want to study A&F/Econ so would I be able to get into Warwick, even with an excellent P.S and reference?
    gcse's are good enough, and A-level grades are, only issue is your choice of 3d product design

Just make sure you explain your situation properly, you should have a good shot with your work experience and a very good reference/ps

try and get them to explain your situation in the reference

btw apply to a&f, less risk and higher chance of offer, could always potentially transfer to econ early 2nd year if you really wanted to and got good 1st yr grades

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.