The Student Room Group

foundation degree urgent help

Basically the background story is this:
I passed all of my GCSES with a minimum of C grades including three A*'s. I got a D in maths but I took functional skills level 2 which is the equivalent of a GCSE and passed. I did my AS levels and got my certificates in 2014. I have also got level 2 diplomas from college. I was doing an extended diploma at level 3, but I moved house and it was too far to get to my course so I gave it up and went into full time work. Meaning I didn't get my qualification or UCAS points.
Now I am 19 and I want to go to university in 2017 (So I will be 20). Due to the fact that the UCAS tariffs have changed, my AS level points might not have been enough for a degree, so I opted to go for a foundation degree.
I explained my situation to the university I really wanted to go to and they basically said "sorry we cant let you onto this degree as you did your AS levels in 2014 and there is a three year gap that you must wait now. Try again in 2018".
Now I am so confused, is it like this for all foundation degrees at all universities? Or is it just this one universities policy? I really don't want to wait two years.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending