The Student Room Group

Does anyone insure their phone?

Does anyone insure their phone?

Ive ordered a Moto G 3rd Gen on contract for £15.50 a month.

The shop also offered me Geeksquad mobile insurance for £40 a year. I think I might buy the insurance too tomorrow.

Does anyone else here pay mobile insurance or is it not worth it?

If we lose our expensive phones on contract, we're fked at the end of the day arent we?
I've got insurance with my current phone, which I've not needed to use yet. Had it before when it was free and had to claim on it.
Reply 2
Anyone else?
Reply 3
I've had an iPhone 6 for almost 2 years now and it isn't insured. I've never lost/had a phone stolen before and *touch wood* I won't anytime soon!
Insurance was around £6 per month for me, I didn't really see the point :\
I've never bothered. The insurance is generally quite expensive, and I'm usually pretty careful with my phone.

That said, it fell out of my pocket onto the tiled floor of a swimming pool changing room on Sunday, and now has scratches on the metal body. Fortunately the screen didn't break.

Might invest in a case :P
I pay for insurance because I hate cases and if something does happen, I don't wanna be like all those people who have a nice phone but the screen is still smashed because they can't afford to pay for it. I'd rather lose the £6 each month than have to out of the blue need to pay hundreds of pounds to fix it (Heaven forbid that ever happens). I'm always careful with my stuff but still, freak accidents happen so better safe than sorry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending