The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i firmly believe it's possible to work hard, play hard and still get a first.

it's all about time management, think of all the wasted minutes in the student day which are unproductive and not particularly 'fun' (e.g. watching TV, going on the internet :rolleyes:, sleeping in til late, lazing around doing nothing in particular). if you substitute all of that time for societies, sport and going out in the evenings then you're not really taking any time off your study periods.
Reply 21
timeofyourlife

it's all about time management, think of all the wasted minutes in the student day which are unproductive and not particularly 'fun' (e.g. watching TV, going on the internet :rolleyes:, sleeping in til late, lazing around doing nothing in particular). if you substitute all of that time for societies, sport and going out in the evenings then you're not really taking any time off your study periods.

Am I the only one that considers sleeping in and watching TV more fun that societies etc?!? :confused:
Reply 22
timeofyourlife

I hope so. Of course I know its gonna be hard work but there has to be some fun does there not. I mean sitting around doing work 24 hours would really hurt my head lol :smile: But Im not a crazy, wild party animal :biggrin: Balance... hehe! Please tell me you sincerely over estimated with the whole spending £60k, thats kinda alot of money for just having a life. Ahhhhhhh :eek:
Reply 23
Leekey
Am I the only one that considers sleeping in and watching TV more fun that societies etc?!? :confused:

I don't find societies much fun either but they are mainly sports or religion based, there is a radio station but I kind of made a fool of myself there.:mad:
Reply 24
Reply 25
it's all about time management, think of all the wasted minutes in the student day which are unproductive and not particularly 'fun' (e.g. watching TV, going on the internet , sleeping in til late, lazing around doing nothing in particular). if you substitute all of that time for societies, sport and going out in the evenings then you're not really taking any time off your study periods

Exactly- there is plenty of time for everything! :tongue:
Reply 26
thenarbisbanned
Im going to Uni to have fun...I intend to do as little work as possible really. And then in the third year I might start knuckling down to scrape through with a decent degree :eek:
me too :biggrin:
Reply 27
Leekey

hehe, spoken like a true student
Reply 28
Its all in the balance :cool: lol. I don't know if I'll join a society or anything like that. It depends on what they are all about. :rolleyes:
Reply 29
amazingtrade
I don't find societies much fun either but they are mainly sports or religion based, there is a radio station but I kind of made a fool of myself there.:mad:

ok, granted, the politics society may not be quite as much fun as lying in bed subdued in dreams - but you get the idea.
Aj_uk
Its all in the balance :cool: lol. I don't know if I'll join a society or anything like that. It depends on what they are all about. :rolleyes:

What do you have to do if you join a society?
Reply 31
If you do a decent degree then you'll get a decent job and good wage, if you do buisness studies i'm afriad a life of serving fries at macdonalds may become you :biggrin:

p.s. i niether did buisness stuides or work in the hell hole thats macdonalds.
Reply 32
Its really the second year you have to knuckle down. You want a good supervisor for your 3rd year project/diseration. If you are getting bad grades in your 2nd and third year then your tutor is not going to bother wasting his time ensuring you get a good supervisor so you will probably end up with a duff PHD student who couldn't care less.

The first year doesn't really matter but its still best not get into bad habbits too early. I am not suggesting that you swot or anything, just put a little bit effort into like you do with you A levels.
Reply 33
Whats_The_411?

practice your secret handshakes, buy a smoking jacket and learn how to 'pass the port' correctly.
Reply 34
Whats_The_411?

You join the socitiies at freshers fair. Be warned they are like vultures as they want your money, only join societies that you feel will benefit you.

Blimey I am busy tonight:biggrin:
Reply 35
practice your secret handshakes, buy a smoking jacket and learn how to 'pass the port' correctly.

:biggrin: Lol :biggrin:
Reply 36
amazingtrade
Its really the second year you have to knuckle down.

agreed, although you still have to pass your first year! i'm missing uni already, working at tesco doesn't exactly compensate for the full student experience!
Reply 37
Its all true! i was a society secretary a few years back in my second year, they're blood sucking harpies who want to do wierd things with you!!!!! Although its generally not that expensive to join, pretty damn cheap and you get to meet great people outside of your course really quickly.
Reply 38
Vladek
if you do buisness studies i'm afriad a life of serving fries at macdonalds may become you :biggrin:

Vladek
p.s. i niether did buisness stuides..

a clearly informed view then..
Reply 39
Very informed :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending