Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This past the port joke has gone right over my head. Explain please :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Bloody cashiers. :rolleyes:
    err, soon to be checkout 'manager' actually. lol, i was a 'team leader' before...it's nice to know there's a hierarchy wherever you go (or shop!)

ReputationRep:
    I guess it just depends what kinda of degree you do to how many lectures you get, some of them don't lend themselves to lectures and others do, i mean my housemates who had 3 hours did loads of work outside of uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thenarbisbanned)
    This past the port joke has gone right over my head. Explain please :confused:
    Port is a wine, originally from Portugal, and is associated with wealthy aristocrats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vladek)
    I guess it just depends what kinda of degree you do to how many lectures you get, some of them don't lend themselves to lectures and others do, i mean my housemates who had 3 hours did loads of work outside of uni.
    What course are you doing out of interest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    err, soon to be checkout 'manager' actually. lol, i was a 'team leader' before...it's nice to know there's a hierarchy wherever you go (or shop!)
    lol, I use to be a cashier at B&Q, you think you had it bad. lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    *Hands glass of 50 year old port*

Try not to spill it, and sip don't drink.
    ho hum, here's to capitalism and all it stand for...

*passes around the Ferrero Rocher, however not during the ambassador's reception*

ReputationRep:
    See when you say 15 hours of lectures is that like a week, or what???? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Oh i've finished

Electronic Design, possibly the least interesting degree you can do, damn engineering! you do get to learn about the exciting world of the transistor though.

how bout you?

ReputationRep:
    a term if you do history just kidding, its done weekly, i mean you don't 'have' to turn up but if you don't bother with them they won't bother with you.

ReputationRep:
    ho hum, here's to capitalism and all it stand for...

*passes around the Ferrero Rocher, however not during the ambassador's reception*
    *kicks sillynarb out for not bringing box of Ferro Rocher*

ReputationRep:
    a term if you do history just kidding, its done weekly, i mean you don't 'have' to turn up but if you don't bother with them they won't bother with you.
    Thanks. haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj_uk)
    Thanks. haha!
    and remember, if you're going to do stupid things during freshers week, you may as well get drunk enough so you never have to think about them again.

ReputationRep:
    Oh i've finished

Electronic Design, possibly the least interesting degree you can do, damn engineering! you do get to learn about the exciting world of the transistor though.

how bout you?
    Multimedia and Internet Technology but I focus more on the programming and networking side of it.

I am sure transistors must be very rivitting . Although without them our modern would would not exist. You should be able to get a good job with it anyway.

Have done much digital electronics or is it mainly analogue stuff such as amplification? I assume you will be doing digital stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj_uk)
    See when you say 15 hours of lectures is that like a week, or what???? :confused:
    Per week but thats nothing, when you have a job you will be stuck in an office for 40 hours a week.

ReputationRep:
    and remember, if you're going to do stupid things during freshers week, you may as well get drunk enough so you never have to think about them again.
    What excellent advice lol! Or I could just stick to not doing anything stupid and laughing at everyone else who does, all the while still getting drunk lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj_uk)
    What excellent advice lol! Or I could just stick to not doing anything stupid and laughing at everyone else who does, all the while still getting drunk lol!
    depends on how many long lost kids you want turning up in 30 years time longing to meet you. although, if you're a girl, the birth will probably be a tiny bit more memorable so it wouldn't be much of a surprise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Per week but thats nothing, when you have a job you will be stuck in an office for 40 hours a week.
    It all sounds like so much fun lol! If it's anything like being stuck behind a checkout I would cry. Working tomorrow and its a bank holiday, I should be in bed. lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Multimedia and Internet Technology but I focus more on the programming and networking side of it.

I am sure transistors must be very rivitting . Although without them our modern would would not exist. You should be able to get a good job with it anyway.

Have done much digital electronics or is it mainly analogue stuff such as amplification? I assume you will be doing digital stuff.
    Cool, a friend of mine did a course along those lines, looked good!

ha i'd much rather of been doing just about anything else than learning about transitors

Yeah i did quiet a lot of both, i alway preffered analogue though becouse it was a lot more straight forward than digital. its wierd becouse the further through the course we got the more simpler the circuits got but the harder the maths got!

ReputationRep:
    depends on how many long lost kids you want turning up in 30 years time longing to meet you. although, if you're a girl, the birth will probably be a tiny bit more memorable so it wouldn't be much of a surprise.
    I'm a girl, and dont really want a memorable experience yet. lol! The kids can wait a while, for freshers week I'll just have to hide for most of it lol!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.