Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is uni fun? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    This is mad lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    You join the socitiies at freshers fair. Be warned they are like vultures as they want your money, only join societies that you feel will benefit you.

Blimey I am busy tonight
    I joined the Cheese Society because they gave us a free glass of wine :rolleyes: . Never went to any of their socials though. I don't like cheese either (though neither does the president of the society, or at least thats what he told us when we tried to escape without signing up after we'd drunk the wine...!)

ReputationRep:
    see what you started now aj

getting right personal now!!

ReputationRep:
    Some 18 year old girls are not mature enough, they are still like kids. I am not saying I wouldn;t go out with an 18 year old, I am just saying trying to have sex with young 18 year olds just because they may be more pure (excuse my expression) and up for it just seems wrong. Its kind of taking advantage.

I woudn't blame either my bahavour or salford my lack of sucess in the ladies department. They are reasons that go further back which I am not getting into on this forum.

I should add that some 18 year olds are brillaint though, most of them are probably not like kids.

ReputationRep:
    Theres nothing wrong with f****** an 18 year old, get a sense of reality before you start climbing the moral high ground.

Mod Expression - Watch the language please. Post amended to remove profanity. Warning Issued.

ReputationRep:
    I will be 20 when I start uni....so I guess I'm not a ''proper'' fresher

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by who_me)
    I will be 20 when I start uni....so I guess I'm not a ''proper'' fresher
    I was 20 too, and the age difference between me and some of the 18 year olds was quite noticable.

ReputationRep:
    nought wrong with 18 year olds, just the one i meet was really really anoying, i mean she'd of been anoying at 22 aswell!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vladek)
    nought wrong with 18 year olds, just the one i meet was really really anoying, i mean she'd of been anoying at 22 aswell!
    I think I am just showing my age

Kids today eh,

Actually some of the younger members on here are very mature for their age, I have had proper debates with 16 year olds and you wouldn't be able to tell if they were 16 or 30 if you didn't know.

ReputationRep:
    yeah they just don't know they're born, back in my day when i was 18 years old, well 4 years ago, it were nough like it is today, aye.

ReputationRep:
    yeah they just don't know they're born, back in my day when i was 18 years old, well 4 years ago, it were nough like it is today, aye.
    When I was 18 I had to connect to the internet using this 56k modem

I was 10 the world wide web had only just been invented.

When I wrote my first program I had 39k RAM to play with

I'm not really old enough for this

ReputationRep:
    lol @ your past posts, 'star trek' studies.

ReputationRep:
    When I was 18 I had to connect to the internet using this 56k modem

I was 10 the world wide web had only just been invented.

When I wrote my first program I had 39k RAM to play with

I'm not really old enough for this
    Don't be going all nostalgic and sentimental on us AT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Don't be going all nostalgic and sentimental on us AT.
    hehe sorry

During the falklands war, I was born

ReputationRep:
    me too AT, so needless to say i wasn't really concerned with the war back then!

i'm sure its a really degree star trek studies, seriously!!!

ReputationRep:
    see what you started now aj

getting right personal now!!
    I completely apologise Anyone got any other stories though lol! Im harsh haha

I'm 18 and maybe because I am younger I can't see myself going for an older guy. I don't know, maybe I would if I did get on with him. I don't know :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    You're never going to spend £60k at university (unless you plan to be a student forever), i'd say £25k was more realistic. And you'd have to do pretty much no work at all to end up with a third.
    Which university are you at then? One of my friends has worked damn hard and came up with a third. if youre at a top notch university then to even just pass requires lots of work. and if youre going to do "pretty much no work" then youre not going to learn anything, in which case its pretty pointless even bothering going.

ReputationRep:
    i guess it depends who you are. i personally found i could put going out first and work second...but thats cos im easily swayed and someone is always going out whatever day nor night of the week it is. the work was not that hard but it wasnt easy either. swings and roundabouts!

ReputationRep:
    hehe sorry

During the falklands war, I was born
    same!! i feel so old.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose it all does depend on what you are going to be doing in university. Watching that young doctors programme on tv, is it anything like that. They seem to have to work quite hard, well some of them do. lol!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.