The Student Room Group

Help! What to do after you picked up your GCSE results?

Is there any difference between emailing your results and sitting back or is it better to frantically rush straight to your first choice o something? Please reply

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pick 'em up and run to a relatives house. Trust me.
Reply 2
You pick up your results and directly go to your chosen sixth form/college place?!
Reply 3
Original post by Fly.RK_
You pick up your results and directly go to your chosen sixth form/college place?!

Yeah,to tell them your results to see if they accept you or not

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
If your school doesn't have a sixth form that's not how it works

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well last year after I picked up my results I went home then like an hour later I went into college to enrol
Reply 6
If tomorrows headlines are 'Extreme drop in national average' and next year is 'Record breaking increase''best we have ever seen' IT MEANS THE EDUCATION SYSTEM IS RIGGED AND WE'VE BEEN PLAYED

Posted from TSR Mobile
Follow whatever guidelines your chosen 6th form/college suggests, some you have to go on the day, others you just have to call if your results mean you can't do your chosen courses and have enrollment on another day
Original post by DatSmartGuy
If your school doesn't have a sixth form that's not how it works

Posted from TSR Mobile

It depends where you go, different places have different procedures
Reply 9
Original post by Fluffpuffle
Follow whatever guidelines your chosen 6th form/college suggests, some you have to go on the day, others you just have to call if your results mean you can't do your chosen courses and have enrollment on another day

What if you are on a wait list? Would they appreciate it if you came or if you emailed? They gave me a choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DatSmartGuy
What if you are on a wait list? Would they appreciate it if you came or if you emailed? They gave me a choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think there's a waiting list at the college I'm going to. Late applicants are told whether or not they've got a place after everyone else has enrolled next week. We're only meant to contact the college by phone and if we haven't met the entry requirements for our course, otherwise you just turn up at enrollment next week
if you mean for 6th form, i don't think theres a rush as its not first come first served- i know some people have an allocated time but ask other people who are enrolling in the same college as you

good luck! :smile:
i have to wait around for a interview?:/

Quick Reply

Latest