Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you hate and like about low cost airlines? #Flyasks Watch

ReputationRep:
    I hate 3 things:
    - You have to bloody pay for food on the plane, meaning you have to technically waste money on buying it.
    - They have no TV, like WTF?
    - You have to pay for pre-booked seats and luggage, mate WTH?

I like one thing:
    - The landings and take-offs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly.RK_)
    I hate 3 things:
    - You have to bloody pay for food on the plane, meaning you have to technically waste money on buying it.
    - They have no TV, like WTF?
    - You have to pay for pre-booked seats and luggage, mate WTH?
    To be fair, I tend to avoid budget airlines and pay a bit more. However...

1. You aren't wasting the price of your ticket on things that are generally awful and pointless, like a meal. Why on earth does one need to eat on a 3 hour flight? If the flight is at a meal time, I take my own food. Simples!
    2. TV? I can't think of many commercial airlines that have TV for short haul. But have you not got a phone or tablet you can watch?
    3. All you need to fly is a seat. Why does everyone get so hoyty toyty about where they sit?

To improve your flying experience next time, I urge you to try the game of Boarding Pass Chicken. When the flight is called for boarding sit at the departure gate. Watch as everyone scrambles to get onto the flight and stands around queuing. Stay calm and sit tight. Wait and until the last person has gone through the gate. Wait. Wait some more. The aim of the game is to time your departure such that you can walk from your seat at the gate to your seat on the plane without having to wait for anyone. You get bonus points for not getting nervous about the whole thing.

ReputationRep:
    if it's a short flight I'd far prefer to have a cheap seat, no set seat, no luggage, no food, uncomfortable seats etc and save money

those things can all be negatives but the cost of them is just included in the more expensive airlines so you're still paying it all
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    People clapping when a Ryanair flight made me so much more scared of flying.

ReputationRep:
    The only things that I don't really like about LCCs are the constant queuing and the occasional part-time flyer behaviour exhibited by other punters (such as dawdling at security and clapping on touching down).

Everything else, even being in the arse end of nowhere, I can handle. I used to prefer unreserved seating as well because I knew I'd get a window if I turned up early enough.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    **** food

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 25, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.