The Student Room Group

Help!! Gcse results day anxiety!!

I've been calm about my results the whole summer, I haven't worried one bit, I was pretty happy that I was going to be able to get very good grades, until today. My friend who goes to the same school said that the press contacted him to go to the school early so they could take pictures. Now this has really thrown a spanner in the works because after I heard that I become very anxious and nervous because that has made me realise that my grades may not have been as good as I thought they were and now I'm very very nervous. Could it be that they did contact my home but no one answered? Or maybe the school don't have the updated contact numbers of everyone in my house? Who knows, I'm just really really stressed right now.
(edited 7 years ago)
Fret ye not. It is no great thing to be in and out of the press all the time. How would they contact you anyway? The school or exam board certainly wouldn't be allowed to pass on your details. So perhaps your friend was already known to them and they just called up?

There is nothing you can do now. You just have to wait and see.

Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by ByEeek
Fret ye not. It is no great thing to be in and out of the press all the time. How would they contact you anyway? The school or exam board certainly wouldn't be allowed to pass on your details. So perhaps your friend was already known to them and they just called up?

There is nothing you can do now. You just have to wait and see.

Good luck!

Well they didn't contact him directly, they contacted his parents but I don't know if that makes a difference or not. I really hope that this all just means nothing.
Original post by Samii123
Well they didn't contact him directly, they contacted his parents but I don't know if that makes a difference or not. I really hope that this all just means nothing.

It means nothing. Trust me.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest