Turn on thread page Beta

UK Politics - Attempt to ban a legal UK political party watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    Their manifesto doesn't matter - its the fundamentals of them - the one thing that unites them, the one fundamental policy that they have, is that one of Xenophobia. In the BBC program it showed party officials saying (when they were quite sober) that they wanted to blow up Mosques with rocket launchers
    It showed one lunatic, who had been recruited by an undercover agent, saying about blowing up mosques, not party officials. And no, the person was not sober when he said it.

(Original post by Chubb)
    - if this wasn't a political policy that they all supported then they would have felt disgusted with that individual (as the rest of the population does).
    They did, hence the reason for banning the individual from the party. :rolleyes:

(Original post by Chubb)
    Their manifesto invloves telling the people want they want to here but never intending on carring it out or laying any plans for its completion.
    :confused:

(Original post by Chubb)
    Lastly, yes I do think the comparision is fair. If you study the rise of the NAZIs it is scarrily similar. Combat 18 (which has strong ties to them) is their Waffen SS and the entire party runs a policy of intimidation against their opposition such as left wingers.
    I try not to use personal attacks, but this post really makes me question whether you are ignorant or just stupid.

ReputationRep:
    They banned him after it went public to cover the public uproar and yes they do have strong links to combat 18 - I am not being ignorant or stupid I am merly tring to stop history repeating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benm)
    I am not subject to the tabloid press, the problem I have is not necessarily that so many people are, but the way the media abuse this subjection for their own ends. After the shameful BBC documentary, it is clear that the BBC is advancing its political agenda, ie. anti-BNP.
    Just because you didn't agree with the stance of the programme doesn't mean the BBC is bias or has an anti-BNP agenda. It's the most respected broadcaster in the world with high quality programmes that themselves make the headlines from time to time.

ReputationRep:
    This is another example of jew owned business using threats and blackmail to further their agenda. Wake up England, wake up world, how long will you sit idle and let the left ruin your and my world by using underhanded, illegal means? No amount of yelling nazi is going to make these decisions ok. Anything that is against the jews world views is considered nazi. How long will we sit here and take it on the chin?

If you cannot see that this is a very common tactic used against EVERY business or group that the liberals and the jews dont approve of, then you are being very naive and only worsening your situation by inaction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AntiLiberal)
    This is another example of jew owned business using threats and blackmail to further their agenda. Wake up England, wake up world, how long will you sit idle and let the left ruin your and my world by using underhanded, illegal means? No amount of yelling nazi is going to make these decisions ok. Anything that is against the jews world views is considered nazi. How long will we sit here and take it on the chin?

If you cannot see that this is a very common tactic used against EVERY business or group that the liberals and the jews dont approve of, then you are being very naive and only worsening your situation by inaction.
    Oh SHUT UP. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances)
    Oh SHUT UP. :rolleyes:
    Well put

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    Well put
    agreed tho a get lost wouldnt of gone amiss

ReputationRep:

You are aware that not every problem in this country and in the world is because of the Jews. You have made it perfectly clear what your oppinion of Jewish people is and it is also clear that the majority of people don't agree with us. So I don't see why you are so sure that your oppinions are right and everyone elses are wronge.

ReputationRep:
    I dont post to be right or wrong, i post to tell the truth. If you dont agree with the truth then thats your right. That is unless the jews try to take that from you too.

ReputationRep:
    I dont post to be right or wrong, i post to tell the truth. If you dont agree with the truth then thats your right. That is unless the jews try to take that from you too.
    All that many people are asking is why you have a problem with Jewish people? Have they ever done anything to you?

ReputationRep:
    There is no such thing as an absolute truth, its subjective, and your intrepretation of the truth is very wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    Firstly, have you read the manifesto?
    Or are you basing your assumption on what everyone thinks they know.

Tell me, do the BNP want to kill other races? Do they want to unite a continent?

Do you honestly think your comparison is fair? You don't even make it sound like a comparison, you just call them Nazis.

And on top of this ignorance, you think it is acceptable to ban a party based on a steriotype.
    You ever read an orginial Nazi mainfesto?

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about old Bobby (Anti Liberal) there, the Fed's have finally caught up with him.

ReputationRep:
    I think they were completely right to ban them. Barclays have the right, and the negative publicity would be huge. I don't think they should be banned as a party, but they certainly need to be counteracted. The amount of people who think they have the right idea is astonishing, and quite disgusting. I think here education can be used to make people ridicule them :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benm)
    After the shameful BBC documentary, it is clear that the BBC is advancing its political agenda, ie. anti-BNP. That isn't what's happening, as I have alread explained in the first post.
    Sir! Allow me to dissent.

First up, think yourself lucky that Britain has possibly the finest national broadcaster in the world, bespoke for being independent and straight down the line. Many countries around the world would kill to have such a broadcaster.

Secondly, I fear your falling down a hole, being recruited into a dark place. You have expressed your views, in the main, both eloquantly and intelligently. I would ask that you use some of this intelligence to realise that the BNP hates Britain, hates multiculturalism and hates everything that this country is and strives to be.

Thirdly, the BBC is not anti-BNP. They are anti-TW*T. Most people in the UK are repulsed by the views on the BNP (I'm glad to see), and, although this is really another issue, they have a duty of care to represent the views of the nation as a national broadcaster. The BBC is a national broadcaster, the BNP is a "national" (ha! - maybe in racially tense areas perhaps!) Party. Whats the difference ? The BBC represents the views of the people and an even handed way. The BNP scaremongers and threatens and acts in an all round distastful mannor.

I have just read the BNP website, and am APPAULED to find that they dare to call Barclay's decision "undemocratic". I think I have just been physically sick, so outraged am I at this claim. What, prey tell, is democracy about ? Choice. Plain and simple choices taken within the bounds of the law. Barclays, as it has been pointed out, have not broken any law. They made a choice. Deal with it.

And a message to Mrs Griffin (nick's mother): Could you please pick your son's dummy up, because he's just spat it out.

ReputationRep:

What the hell is your problem exactly? Do you realise just how hilariously stupid you sound coming out with these ludicrous sweeping generalisations? Even if we put aside for one moment your disgusting anti-semitic prejudices, the word 'jew' describes such a hugely vast and diverse section of humanity that any stereotype ascribed to the group is meaningless and empty. Same goes for blaming 'liberals' - there's a huge diversity of thought from liberal to liberal, so if you want to get any kind of point whatsoever across, stop the insanely simplistic generalisations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EdGJ)
    What the hell is your problem exactly? Do you realise just how hilariously stupid you sound coming out with these ludicrous sweeping generalisations? Even if we put aside for one moment your disgusting anti-semitic prejudices, the word 'jew' describes such a hugely vast and diverse section of humanity that any stereotype ascribed to the group is meaningless and empty. Same goes for blaming 'liberals' - there's a huge diversity of thought from liberal to liberal, so if you want to get any kind of point whatsoever across, stop the insanely simplistic generalisations.
    If indeed we can put aside his INSANELY missplaced anti-semitic views. He has offered no evidence nor rhyme nor reason to back up his claims. I don't think he gets the idea that if you make an assertion, you must be prepared to defend it RATIONALLY (there's a tip for you) and LOGICALLY(there's another one), and if possible prove it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tkfmbp)
    If indeed we can put aside his INSANELY missplaced anti-semitic views. He has offered no evidence nor rhyme nor reason to back up his claims. I don't think he gets the idea that if you make an assertion, you must be prepared to defend it RATIONALLY (there's a tip for you) and LOGICALLY(there's another one), and if possible prove it.
    Definitely! But then he has a completely unsustainable argument based on vile prejudice and groundless paranoia, so I'd like to see him try. Would be quite funny to read his attempts at forming a coherent argument if the sentiments weren't so sickening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EdGJ)
    Definitely! But then he has a completely unsustainable argument based on vile prejudice and groundless paranoia, so I'd like to see him try. Would be quite funny to read his attempts at forming a coherent argument if the sentiments weren't so sickening.
    True. However, funnier, and perhaps less sickening, would be watching this apparent mindless idiot trying to spell coherent without prompting or looking at the way we've spelled it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benm)
    I am not subject to the tabloid press, the problem I have is not necessarily that so many people are, but the way the media abuse this subjection for their own ends. After the shameful BBC documentary, it is clear that the BBC is advancing its political agenda, ie. anti-BNP.

I strongly disagree that it is ignorance that gives the BNP support. Ignorance would allow people to fall into the trap set up by the tabloids; demonstration of a clearly right-wing stance in reporting, then come election time brings ridiculous anti-BNP propaganda. One of the biggest recruiters for the British National Party is it's newspaper, the Voice of Freedom, which lists the partys policies in every edition.

I am confused about your friend in work though, how did he come to support the BNP in the first place?

The trend in membership figures (ie. /) would suggest otherwise. But, we'll see.

If they are so fickle to be duped into believing that ridiculous piece of 'investagitive journalism' then they would have already been swayed into not voting for us by the anti-BNP propaganda in the media.

That isn't what's happening, as I have alread explained in the first post.
    The BBC is arguably one of the most fair and unbias sources of news on the planet. However, objectivity can only go so far. The BBC also follows a social agenda as prescribed to it by the vast majority of the British people. The BNP's views are contrary to British sentiment and so the BBC does cast the BNP in a bad light. How far do you think objectivity should go benm? Should the BBC be neutral about paedophilia and terrorism as well as dangerous, extremist political parties?

While I don't know the precise membership figures for the BNP, I think it's safe to assume that only a tiny minority of the BNP vote are actual members of the party. I think it's also safe to assume that most people who voted for the BNP have never even seen a copy of the party newspaper. The person from work was anti-immigration, but had no idea just how racist the BNP really was. (speaking of which.)

Here's another interesting story: http://www.searchlightmagazine.com/s...04_story01.htm

Let us not forget these words:

[QUOTE=benm]
    Dream on. These media fascists pathetic attempts to propagandise British people into abandoning their only hope won't work.
    [QUOTE]

Our only hope? I shed a tear for you benm.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.