Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey there,

I need some help making my a decision on my A-level subjects as enrollment day is quite soon. I am currently going to be taking Maths, Economics and Accounting but am also so adamant to take Further Maths, as I am worried that I will not perform well in Economics due to its intensive essays.

I have been preparing for Maths C1/C2 all over summer and am attaining the following, C1 - 85% and C2 - 72%. I love maths so much and very interested in the subject in which I am considering to take Further Maths, but most of my friends and family are advising me not to take it.

I really need some help as I am finding it difficult to me a decision.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by phat-chewbacca)
    Hey there,

I need some help making my a decision on my A-level subjects as enrollment day is quite soon. I am currently going to be taking Maths, Economics and Accounting but am also so adamant to take Further Maths, as I am worried that I will not perform well in Economics due to its intensive essays.

I have been preparing for Maths C1/C2 all over summer and am attaining the following, C1 - 85% and C2 - 72%. I love maths so much and very interested in the subject in which I am considering to take Further Maths, but most of my friends and family are advising me not to take it.

I really need some help as I am finding it difficult to me a decision.
    If you're interested and love it, you'll succeed in it.

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a particular course in mind that you'd like to do at uni? That might help you in your decision.

ReputationRep:
    don't do accounting and do further maths and economics

ReputationRep:
    Well look at it this way, 1 A level requires hours upon hours of memorising facts with little to no reasoning behind it in a largely unsatisfying manor, the other is economics

Spoiler:
    Show
    srs though probs FM if you really don't like essays

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You love maths, so the logical choice is further maths. Maths FM and Accounting can still get you onto an Economics degree if you wanted to do that in the future.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Accounting isn't really a respected subject, assuming you're aiming for top universities.

Maths, FM and Economics is a good combo if you are wanting to do:
    Economics
    Maths
    Statistics
    Finance
    Accounting
    Etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.