Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Post-September, I shall be beginning my A Levels for German, Fine Art and Psychology, (year 13).

    I am hoping to study either German Language or Germanic Studies at university.

    Does anyone currently study it, (or has studied it) and therefore could give me pointers about which university and/or which course to go for?

    What is it like in the year abroad in a German speaking country?

    My weakest part of German is my speaking due to low confidence, is speaking a large and encouraged part of the course you did?

    I am also looking for deferred entry, so starting uni in 2018, as I am wanting to be an apprentice for a year at an outdoor residential center, Kingswood.

    How do I go about deferred entry, is it that I apply with everyone else for a 2017 start, and then when I am accepted I say to defer my place to 2018? Or do I apply for start 2018 along with the next lot of finishing year 13s?

    I would be most grateful if you could answer any of my queries.

    Thank you
    Eve (:
    • TSR Support Team

    TSR Support Team
    If you want to begin university in September 2018 then you can either apply with everyone else for the 2017 entry but tick the box in the UCAS application that says 'deferred entry', or you can apply after you've received your A levels next year. It's probably a good idea to apply now so you don#t have to spend your gap year worrying about university.

    I can't help with your specific German questions but maybe such_a_lady can?
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 25, 2016
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.