Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I start my maths course at Loughborough at the end of September and feel that something like a macbook could benefit me in my studies but I'm not sure on the type of software I'm going to be using in the course. I'm wondering whether the iPad Pro would benefit me more given its portability and ability to write out notes at lectures with the pen or am I wrong in thinking so? I'd really appreciate some advice from people who have also studied maths and know more about what they're talking about than I do

ReputationRep:
    My advice would be save the money, get a pad of paper and a handful of biros.

ReputationRep:
    Windows will run more Math software, stuff like Maple, Matlab etc

Though you can get a lot of stuff for Mac

Don't get the Ipad, it won't run jack

ReputationRep:
    I have both and I have to say I use my iPad (Air 2) 90% of the time. 1st it because it's lightweight and portable. 2nd simply just because I prefer using it!

Another option which is cheaper, but just as good as both options, is the Microsoft Surface Pro. I have the surface pro 3 which I really enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    Neither, apple products are truly awful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ed98)
    I have both and I have to say I use my iPad (Air 2) 90% of the time. 1st it because it's lightweight and portable. 2nd simply just because I prefer using it!

Another option which is cheaper, but just as good as both options, is the Microsoft Surface Pro. I have the surface pro 3 which I really enjoy.
    Are you also doing Maths? If so where have you found using your iPad useful?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.