Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Tomorrow at 5

Confirmed pots

Pot 1: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Leicester City, Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, CSKA Moscow, Benfica

Pot 2: Atlético de Madrid, Sevilla, Borussia Dortmund, Bayer Leverkusen, Arsenal, Manchester City, Napoli, Porto

Pot 3: Dinamo Kiev, Olympique Lyonnaise, PSV Eindhoven, Sporting Club, Tottenham Hotspur, Club Brugge, FC Basel, Borussia Mönchengladbach

Pot 4: Celtic, Monaco, Ludogorets Razgrad, Legia Warsaw, Besiktas, Copenhagen, Rostov, Dinamo Zagreb

ReputationRep:
    Does it matter if Arsenal are going out in R16 in any event?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Does it matter if Arsenal are going out in R16 in any event?
    We may even go out at the group stage this year.

ReputationRep:
    Hope Leicester and Spurs top their groups

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Hope Leicester and Spurs top their groups
    Leicester will qualify. Spurs will finish top.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    Tbh it looks a pretty poor draw. Like 10-12 good teams out of those 32.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    All set up for Arsenal to scrape 2nd and lose in the round of 16 for the 87th year in a row.

(Original post by Zerforax)
    Tbh it looks a pretty poor draw. Like 10-12 good teams out of those 32.
    PL > CL tbh.

Unless you have a real chance of winning it, which let's be honest no English club does, what's the point? PL is more competitive, has more global appeal and has a lot more money. I give it 5-10yrs before a European Super League is on the table. Nobody wants to watch Victoria Rostov or Ludogorets Razad.

I know this may appear to sound a bit bitter as we haven't qualified for it, but I found it hard to get excited for it last season either. Group stages are boring and a complete formality 90% of the time, and knockouts are just a case of when you'll get destroyed by Barca, Real or Bayern.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    All set up for Arsenal to scrape 2nd and lose in the round of 16 for the 87th year in a row.

PL > CL tbh.

Unless you have a real chance of winning it, which let's be honest no English club does, what's the point? PL is more competitive, has more global appeal and has a lot more money. I give it 5-10yrs before a European Super League is on the table. Nobody wants to watch Victoria Rostov or Ludogorets Razad.

I know this may appear to sound a bit bitter as we haven't qualified for it, but I found it hard to get excited for it last season either. Group stages are boring and a complete formality 90% of the time, and knockouts are just a case of when you'll get destroyed by Barca, Real or Bayern.
    Leicester can win it IMO

They have all the ingredients (Vardy) to destroy any team in the world

ReputationRep:
    Easy draws for Spurs/Leicester

Man City with a group of death (again). Arsenal to finish second then get knocked out in the R16 (again).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.