Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay I got my A2 results and they weren't very good :-(

BCE and U in an AS

I am planning on re-taking everything in my gap year.

I was wondering, even if I don't apply to a uni on UCAS and I end up doing really well next year on results day, can I put myself through adjustment?

Should I just apply to unis this year and firm an offer, and go through adjustment if I do well?

Also, I want to study law so would a LNAT uni let me in without doing it? Or should i do it anyway in january this year? I don't know how that would work though because I don't know how the uni's would see my results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BisouX)
    Okay I got my A2 results and they weren't very good :-(

BCE and U in an AS

I am planning on re-taking everything in my gap year.

I was wondering, even if I don't apply to a uni on UCAS and I end up doing really well next year on results day, can I put myself through adjustment?

Should I just apply to unis this year and firm an offer, and go through adjustment if I do well?

Also, I want to study law so would a LNAT uni let me in without doing it? Or should i do it anyway in january this year? I don't know how that would work though because I don't know how the uni's would see my results?
    You can't use adjustment without holding a firm offer, so to go down that route you need to apply.

Why would a university which requires LNAT make an exception and let any student, including you, in without taking it? Being blunt, it's not as if you have an impeccable academic record.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ageshallnot)
    You can't use adjustment without holding a firm offer, so to go down that route you need to apply.

Why would a university which requires LNAT make an exception and let any student, including you, in without taking it? Being blunt, it's not as if you have an impeccable academic record.
    I don't believe they ask for "impeccable", they want you to meet the requirement or go beyond it. I had a lot of issues this year, it wasn't because I didn't care nor was it down to laziness.

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe they ask for "impeccable", they want you to meet the requirement or go beyond it. I had a lot of issues this year, it wasn't because I didn't care nor was it down to laziness.
    That comment was in relation to why any uni would excuse you taking the LNAT. Why would they not want that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ageshallnot)
    That comment was in relation to why any uni would excuse you taking the LNAT. Why would they not want that?
    I was not sure if adjustment excused, but I guess not.

Should I do it earlier? Even if I'm applying to non-LNAT uni's? Surely that wouldn't work.

ReputationRep:
    You won't need to have done the LNAT if you're applying to universities through adjustment.

To do adjustment you need to have already applied to at least one university.

Might as well just apply and take the LNAT rather than rely on adjustment.

ReputationRep:
    I was not sure if adjustment excused, but I guess not.

Should I do it earlier? Even if I'm applying to non-LNAT uni's? Surely that wouldn't work.
    OK, a fair point. I suppose it is just possible that an LNAT uni might take someone in adjustment who hasn't taken the test, but the body which administers it states that exemptions are usually extreme such as war in the applicant's country.

As I understand it, you take the test between September and June and the unis get sent your results, see http://www.lnat.ac.uk/what-is-lnat/d...-sit-the-test/.

If you only apply to courses which don't require LNAT then you don't need to take it.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.