The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 1
From reading the other threads, i doubt Leeds is above any of them.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Alvin
From reading the other threads, i doubt Leeds is above any of them.

i don't know, i'd say that leeds was above southampton and leicester in reputation...
Reply 3
It's in teh Top 15 for Law in the UK - so I'd say it was pretty good!
Reply 4
Currently Leeds is ranked 11th in the Times Subject Table. However, i predict that it will drop in the years to come. Other Unis outside the top 20s such as Cardiff and Sheffield will slowly overtake Leeds. This is my personal opinion. I base this on the lack of contributions to notable law journals from Leeds.
Reply 5
I do hope that i'm wrong, cos i have chosen Leeds for law. While doing my courseworks and also during my free time, i'll flip through many journals, eg NLJ, LQR, MLR, Conv, etc, but i've never come across even 1 article contributed by a Leeds academic. But i do know that Leeds is notable for its Cyberlaw. Do enlighten me on other contributions that Leeds has made.
Reply 6
thx ~o~ for the great info on the teachers at Leeds. I've no doubt that there quality teaching in Leeds. Anyway,
may i know what year are you coming into this sept?
I'm a transfer student and i was wondering if you could point me in the right direction regarding electives.
Like which subjects are popular? which lecturers are easier markers? and which are killer subjects...
thanks yah!
Reply 7
Thanks for enlightening me. But too bad i may not be taught by any of them as i'll only be doing my 3rd year in Leeds, which is in this Sept of course. We might meet and probably in the same class.
Well, i'll just hope that Leeds' ranking will rise. That'll be good for all of us.
Reply 8
darkher
thx ~o~ for the great info on the teachers at Leeds. I've no doubt that there quality teaching in Leeds. Anyway,
may i know what year are you coming into this sept?
I'm a transfer student and i was wondering if you could point me in the right direction regarding electives.
Like which subjects are popular? which lecturers are easier markers? and which are killer subjects...
thanks yah!

Christina -_-". I think we know each other.
Reply 9
~ o
Killer subjects? Hmm ... IP. QUOTE]

I'm pretty aware about this too. But I'm trully wondering to what extent is it a killer? I plan to take IP.
If you look on the individual Law page in Social sciences there is a new league table up and Leeds is ranked 15th above Warwick and Manchester
Reply 11
so we might be in the same class after all! i'll be in leeds for my final year as well. Expecting lots of tough work because of the new environment and also trying to squeeze any extra time to gain the 'uk experience'.
i've heard abt IP being a killer in leeds from my seniors too. Business Law also has the reputation of pulling grades down.
Ah the plan is to balance and get a good (not excellent altho i don't mind~) grade and continue with the next step.
so ~o~, cyberlaw...any opinion? 20 credits in one semester sounds heavy but it eases the pressure for the other semester

Latest