Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where can i get a maths functional skills tutor in southend area? watch

ReputationRep:
    really worried about passing my maths functional skills as i only got a d in gcse maths and will have to pass fs in order to complete my apprenticeship, any ideas where i can get a tutor in the southend/essex area to help ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alice444)
    really worried about passing my maths functional skills as i only got a d in gcse maths and will have to pass fs in order to complete my apprenticeship, any ideas where i can get a tutor in the southend/essex area to help ?
    Your best bet is learn direct. It's free and you get your results back really quick, other places like colleges etc drag things out on long courses, where you then have to do a paper based exam. However I found learn direct the best option, didn't have to do a course, learned online, rang my tutor for when I needed a face to face tutorial, then sat exam, at my own pace. Finally past after attempt number 3, I hate maths, so if Ican do it anyone can! Goodluck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alice444)

Hi I can teach functional skills if you still need a a tutor? I have excellent student results in the last 10 years. Many thanks

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.