The Student Room Group

Should I have a remark?

Okay, so I just got my results! Yay! For the most part I'm happy, except for one striking exception in psychology.I've been doing super well in the subject ever since year ten. I've only ever dropped to an A once, and was really hoping on getting close to full marks on my final GCSE.And then I get a low B. Which is basically the worst I've ever done. I'm doing it for A-levels next year, and am even thinking about going for uni. But I'm slightly worried, because does this mean my teacher was just being a nice marker, and I'm not as good as I thought? Should I risk a remark? Ahh, I'm just damn disappointed.

(In other news, I passed physics. And I got my A*s in English. So that's good.)
Original post by emioww
Okay, so I just got my results! Yay! For the most part I'm happy, except for one striking exception in psychology.I've been doing super well in the subject ever since year ten. I've only ever dropped to an A once, and was really hoping on getting close to full marks on my final GCSE.And then I get a low B. Which is basically the worst I've ever done. I'm doing it for A-levels next year, and am even thinking about going for uni. But I'm slightly worried, because does this mean my teacher was just being a nice marker, and I'm not as good as I thought? Should I risk a remark? Ahh, I'm just damn disappointed.

(In other news, I passed physics. And I got my A*s in English. So that's good.)

To be honest, if it's a low B, there's a risk it could get marked down to a C (remember the remark mark is final). I'd suggest leaving it. A B grade is still good and congrats on English.
Reply 2
How many UMS points until the next grade up?

I did DT GCSE and was 6 UMS to an A* but was told that the chances of a successful grade change was low.

Congrats on your GCSEs :h:
Talk to your teacher and find out what they think. It could just be that you had a bad exam. A remark might give you peace of mind but again your teacher would be best to advise.

Quick Reply

Latest