Important Question! Please help

Watch this thread
Heyooo
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello, today i got my results from GCSE. The grades were alright but i was unhappy with the C that i got in Mathemactics (EDEXCEL). And this meant i couldn't do certain subjects in A Level e.g. Chemistry and Physics. My question is that will it be possible to retake Maths in November and hopefully by then i would get a B-A* and if that happens will i be able to pick Chemistry and Physics by that time in A Level. Thanks
usycool1
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Heyooo)
Hello, today i got my results from GCSE. The grades were alright but i was unhappy with the C that i got in Mathemactics (EDEXCEL). And this meant i couldn't do certain subjects in A Level e.g. Chemistry and Physics. My question is that will it be possible to retake Maths in November and hopefully by then i would get a B-A* and if that happens will i be able to pick Chemistry and Physics by that time in A Level. Thanks
It is possible to retake in November but in all honesty, to pick up Chemistry and Physics that late may be a problem. There is a lot more stuff to learn at A-Level so it may be hard to catch up if you've missed a few months of teaching.

You could try speaking to your Sixth Form/College to see if they'd let you start Chemistry/Physics on the condition that you retake Maths in November. it's not guaranteed they'll say yes, however.
Heyooo
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by usycool1)
It is possible to retake in November but in all honesty, to pick up Chemistry and Physics that late may be a problem. There is a lot more stuff to learn at A-Level so it may be hard to catch up if you've missed a few months of teaching.

You could try speaking to your Sixth Form/College to see if they'd let you start Chemistry/Physics on the condition that you retake Maths in November. it's not guaranteed they'll say yes, however.
Thanks for the reply, is November the earliest date for retakes?
usycool1
Badges: 19
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Heyooo)
Thanks for the reply, is November the earliest date for retakes?
No worries and yep, it is for Maths.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (139)
29.32%
It went fairly well (227)
47.89%
It didn't go too well (69)
14.56%
TERRIBLE! (39)
8.23%

Watched Threads