Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Oxford accepts my country's qualifications and I do meet them. But I have also taken some APs, the SAT 1 and 2. My first attempt at SAT didn't meet the minimum Oxford requires, but the second one did. Do even I need to submit all these scores (and not selecting the second attempt alone), event though my school examinations (non-American) meet qualifications by themselves?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by evar12345)
    Oxford accepts my country's qualifications and I do meet them. But I have also taken some APs, the SAT 1 and 2. My first attempt at SAT didn't meet the minimum Oxford requires, but the second one did. Do even I need to submit all these scores (and not selecting the second attempt alone), event though my school examinations (non-American) meet qualifications by themselves?
    We answered this query (or one very similar) on the Forum recently. If you search through our posts you should be able to find it. Let us know if you need further help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrasenoseAdm)
    We answered this query (or one very similar) on the Forum recently. If you search through our posts you should be able to find it. Let us know if you need further help.
    Thank you, could you guide me to the post? A link would be helpful.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Thank you, could you guide me to the post? A link would be helpful.
    Try this:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...632&highlight=

ReputationRep:
    While this was indeed helpful, it doesn't answer my question in its entirety, especially not from the point of view of someone who already meets Oxford's qualification requirements for their country. I meet the required marks for applicants from my country, but I have ALSO taken two APs and two SAT subject tests, as well as the SAT 1 test. On the SAT 1, I have two attempts. Am I required to disclose BOTH, even though I already meet Oxford's requirements without submitting ANY American qualifications in the first place?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    While this was indeed helpful, it doesn't answer my question in its entirety, especially not from the point of view of someone who already meets Oxford's qualification requirements for their country. I meet the required marks for applicants from my country, but I have ALSO taken two APs and two SAT subject tests, as well as the SAT 1 test. On the SAT 1, I have two attempts. Am I required to disclose BOTH, even though I already meet Oxford's requirements without submitting ANY American qualifications in the first place?
    Many thanks for your further query. We are happy to have another go at answering.

The process works like this - when you apply you must declare all qualifications (we ask UK applicants to declare their GCSEs, for example, even though offers are not based on GCSEs). In short, the selectors want a complete record of your prior attainment.

If you are made an offer, you will be asked to document that you have those qualifications counting towards meeting your offer. If there was any doubt about other qualifications, you might be asked to document these too - but in nearly all cases (we can't remember an exception) the University relies on the school reference as confirming that qualifications listed are correct.

If qualifications are omitted, this would be misrepresentation (failure to disclose something UCAS requires candidates to disclose) and the University or College would be within its rights to rescind any subsequent offer. If in doubt, our advice is to declare.

Regarding SATS, we have a question did you complete this form?
    https://collegereadiness.collegeboar...quest-form.pdf
    If you did, we don't think you need to declare SAT attempt 1. If you didn't, we think you should declare it.

It sounds like your SAT 1 attempt isn't as high as SAT 2 and this is worrying you a bit. A lot of applicants have some results that are not the strongest and quite a few re-sit things. There are many posts on the Forum reassuring prospective applicants with less than perfect prior attainment records - including posts by current students who had bad days in the exam office but still got through.

Note to UK applicants reading this post: consult the forum and your school about AS grades that are cashed in or not cashed in for guidance.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.