Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I have got my results and I only got a C in English Language (B in Literature) and I was wondering how far off a B I was but I can't find it out properly.

Next to the 'English Langua Cash in (Linear) it has a C and does not say the mark equivalent it just says '4' in the End1 column also says I got '4' in the points column.

In the lower section it says in both Higher Tier I got 38 c in both and in the Controlled assessments I got 45 b and 15 b.

What does this mean and how many marks off a grade B was I?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    For 417102 —

So you got 38, which means you were 4 marks off a B and 10 marks off an A (16 off an A*!).

For 417202 —

Same story here!

For 417301 —

You got 45, which means you were 3 marks off an A (9 off an A*!).

Finally, for 417401 —

Congratulations! I hope this helps a little bit to reduce the confusion. WJEC's site is a little bit confusing. Sorry for the delay in someone getting back to you!

(Original post by JamesFozzie)
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    x
    Thank you so much for the help, so just to clarify I was 8 marks total of a B overall? Are those 8 normal marks (marks like they are usually in other exams?)
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Thank you so much for the help, so just to clarify I was 8 marks total of a B overall? Are those 8 normal marks (marks like they are usually in other exams?)
    Hey,

It's not a problem — happy to help! You were 8 UMS marks off a B overall, I've never taken a WJEC qualification except for at A-Level and ours were marked in UMS too, so I believe it's just like the other exams. However, it could be different for GCSE so I can't give a definitive answer!

Either way, don't be too hard on yourself! You've done a good job. High fives all round!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    Hey,

It's not a problem — happy to help! You were 8 UMS marks off a B overall, I've never taken a WJEC qualification except for at A-Level and ours were marked in UMS too, so I believe it's just like the other exams. However, it could be different for GCSE so I can't give a definitive answer!

Either way, don't be too hard on yourself! You've done a good job. High fives all round!

Thank you so much for your help! :hugs:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Thank you so much for your help! :hugs:
    no problem! Didn't realise the second cat bites the guy in the GIF! :lol:

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.