The Student Room Group

How did y'all do? I did great for my personal skill level.

I hate to sound arrogant but i'm really damn proud of myself. Not only did i have to move here from Texas for medical reasons (no health care), but i skipped a grade and went up a year when i first arrived. I got 7 Bs, 2 Cs, and 2 Ds. Luckily the Ds were only in german and computing, so no skin off my back. Either way i was predicted mostly Cs and and 2 Bs. I sure showed them. Here are my results as followed:
Art: C
Math: C
Science A: B
Additional Science: B
German: D
English Language: B
Geography: B (I was predicted a D!)
English Lit.: B
Computing: D
and most impressively
Economics: B (i was predicted an E but I got 2 As on the first two papers and a B on the last)
Any similar results? Do you think my grades were impressive?
Reply 1
That's amazing! Was it hard to catch up with the topics you missed (assuming that you came at the beginning of year 11)?

Personally, I am super proud of my achievements too, as over the course of the summer my optimism of passing my exams dwindled. So I got 3 B's in French, Double Science and Drama, and 3 C's in English, Maths and DT-Product Design.

Looking back on it now I do feel that I might have been able to achieve A's in Science, Drama and French, but then again, I might have not, considering that I am a lazy person, lol
Reply 2
Original post by hanilily
That's amazing! Was it hard to catch up with the topics you missed (assuming that you came at the beginning of year 11)?

Personally, I am super proud of my achievements too, as over the course of the summer my optimism of passing my exams dwindled. So I got 3 B's in French, Double Science and Drama, and 3 C's in English, Maths and DT-Product Design.

Looking back on it now I do feel that I might have been able to achieve A's in Science, Drama and French, but then again, I might have not, considering that I am a lazy person, lol

Well luckily i came over right at the end of yer 9 so i was able to start fresh on the 2 gcse years. And i agree, my optimism dwindled by the end of the summer, but the second i saw my results i couldn't be happier

Quick Reply

Latest