Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have my test in on 1 month or so time, and i want to get one months insurance on my car. Can i do get it?? Cause i've rung round a couple of places and am really struggling! I don't wanna get a years in case i fail

ReputationRep:
    but could you not practise on the car in the meantime? even if you do fail it'll be good to get the practise in for next time round

ReputationRep:
    i can;t drive without the insurance and i'm still having driving lessons as they are booked. I only got the car yesterday. If i fail i'll have to wait another 2 and half months for a test!

ReputationRep:
    Why not just sort out the insurance after you've passed? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    yeah so get a year's insurance anyway and you can have the car for practise/for driving when you pass

ReputationRep:
    i want to practice in the car before my test. £1000 a year is a lot of money to pay if I fail! I just want to get insured for one month so i can practice before my test.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twinkledust)
    i want to practice in the car before my test. £1000 a year is a lot of money to pay if I fail! I just want to get insured for one month so i can practice before my test.
    ahh ok, i think i need some practice too, but my dads car is an automatic, so wont be too useful, apart from steering

ReputationRep:
    Aren't you having lessons from a proper driving instructor? Just use their car for the test, it's so much easier.

ReputationRep:
    yeah but if you fail what are you going to do then? you might as well, practise helps most people loads, i got it a couple of weeks before my second test, it helps confidence so much cos it isn't your instructor next to you

ReputationRep:
    The driving instructor i was put with lives in a different town. She won't pick me up or drop me home in a one hour lesson. I can get picked up forom sixth form. It;s summer holidays now and if i have a double lesson at £42, she will either pick me up or drop me off. I was with someone else who was seriously rinsing me of all my money. It costs me a lot of money to pay for the lessons, i'm not having many during the summer as i can't afford them with my measly saturday job wages and i not going to ask my parents for the money as they just bought me a car. If i can get insured, i can practise and i really wanna drive the car!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    yeah but if you fail what are you going to do then? you might as well, practise helps most people loads, i got it a couple of weeks before my second test, it helps confidence so much cos it isn't your instructor next to you
    But you get into bad habits without your instructor there to bark 'Look at your mirrors!!' at you.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.