The Student Room Group

Is it worth getting a remark or not?

Hi everyone. I've got some of my GCSE results today - (I am in Year 10). Overall I'm happy with them and I know this often annoys people but in Psychology I got an A instead of an A*. I'm not very pleased with it because throughout the school year I was achieving A*s and I got full marks in the mocks.

My question is, can someone help me out with how far off I was from an A*? I did AQA Psychology in June 2016; and I got 172 UMS and I need 180 for an A*. According to the grade boundaries I need 71 raw marks for an A*. Also, if I get a remark what will happen if I actually got lower than an A in the first place?

Thanks in advance!
Original post by thepewds_
Hi everyone. I've got some of my GCSE results today - (I am in Year 10). Overall I'm happy with them and I know this often annoys people but in Psychology I got an A instead of an A*. I'm not very pleased with it because throughout the school year I was achieving A*s and I got full marks in the mocks.

My question is, can someone help me out with how far off I was from an A*? I did AQA Psychology in June 2016; and I got 172 UMS and I need 180 for an A*. According to the grade boundaries I need 71 raw marks for an A*. Also, if I get a remark what will happen if I actually got lower than an A in the first place?

Thanks in advance!

If you get a lower mark, that lower mark will be your final grade unfortunately. I'd just leave it tbh*
Bump
Plz need more answers...
You don't sound like you were very close to the upper grade boundary, so I'd just leave it as you get stuck with your remark.

Quick Reply

Latest