Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, guys! Do you think it is possible to get into Oxford if my GCSE grades are - A*A*A*AAAAAABB and A-level predictions are - A*A*A*A*? Or should i think about GCSE resits?

ReputationRep:
    It absolutely isn't possible, sorry.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Your GCSEs aren't 'bad'………. If you achieve that, then of course you have every chance. Stop being so hard on yourself, it's not good for you.

ReputationRep:
    Depends what course you want to apply to.

ReputationRep:
    It completely depends on the course and ultimately goes down to ALevels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Molly1357)
    Hey, guys! Do you think it is possible to get into Oxford if my GCSE grades are - A*A*A*AAAAAABB and A-level predictions are - A*A*A*A*? Or should i think about GCSE resits?
    If you have promising A-levels then GCSEs don't matter, because obviously, the offer is made on 3 AS levels.

The only place you may possibly fall down in is the actual application process. If there are two applicants with the same (high) grades, then GCSEs become the point of comparison, which is where you may miss out.

I would advise that you try to make up for the Bs, with work experience or whatever is appropriate and do your best to meet your predictions.
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    It absolutely isn't possible, sorry.
    i know fellow students from my school who got into Oxford with 4A*, 3A and 3B, but worked hard at AS and A level, oxford are looking for students who can prove that they are capable of succeeding in the long term, if they identify improvement in grades then of course they will consider your application

ReputationRep:
    Can someone give me advice too?
    I got: 2A*s 6As and 4Bs. I'm gonna get 3 subjects remarked as I was 3 marks, 2 marks and 1 mark off of an A.Is there any point of even applying to get into Oxford in future? Or should I just move on? I went to a state school and got one of the best results in the year. Does that strengthen my case? I'm willing to work very hard to get good A Levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by connormc199)
    shut up you ********, the results are good, i know fellow students from my school who got into Oxford with 4A*, 3A and 3B, but worked hard at AS and A level, oxford are looking for students who can prove that they are capable of succeeding in the long term, if they identify improvement in grades then of course they will consider your application
    I think he was being sarcastic......

ReputationRep:
    shut up you ********, the results are good, i know fellow students from my school who got into Oxford with 4A*, 3A and 3B, but worked hard at AS and A level, oxford are looking for students who can prove that they are capable of succeeding in the long term, if they identify improvement in grades then of course they will consider your application
    Lmao, he was being sarcastic..... do you know how many of these types of threads have been made?

Of course it's possible...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    Lmao, he was being sarcastic..... do you know how many of these types of threads have been made?

Of course it's possible...
    the very subtle italics at the bottom though :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosemondtan)
    the very subtle italics at the bottom though :toofunny:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    i know fellow students from my school who got into Oxford with 4A*, 3A and 3B, but worked hard at AS and A level, oxford are looking for students who can prove that they are capable of succeeding in the long term, if they identify improvement in grades then of course they will consider your application
    My close friend got into medicine at Cambridge with 1 A*, I'm well aware of contextual circumstances :p: I just find threads like this tilting because there's a thousand of them and kids post the same threads every single year without fail on results day. Chances are if you went to a good school and only got those grades you aren't getting a 4A* prediction for A2 in any case.

Oh and if you went to a good school, no those results aren't good. Facts.

(Original post by eden3)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :rofl:
    These kids fam smh This is why I stay in the nba thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    My close friend got into medicine at Cambridge with 1 A*, I'm well aware of contextual circumstances :p: I just find threads like this tilting because there's a thousand of them and kids post the same threads every single year without fail on results day. Chances are if you went to a good school and only got those grades you aren't getting a 4A* prediction for A2 in any case.

Oh and if you went to a good school, no those results aren't good. Facts.

These kids fam smh This is why I stay in the nba thread.
    THANK YOU, jeez someone who gets it

:lol: looooooool I don't blame you G

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.