Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    As a fresher I'm just wondering what is one thing that no one ever told you about university? One thing no one told you about halls? and one thing no one said you would need to bring that you can't live without now? Stories for the reasons behind your choices would be greatly appreciated too hahaha

ReputationRep:
    DO NOT go into the shower room barefoot. You don't know what the last guy did in there

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter how many hundreds of years your university has been open and how many years of practice they have, they will still never be able to efficiently develop an exam timetable.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by chicken_little30)
    As a fresher I'm just wondering what is one thing that no one ever told you about university? One thing no one told you about halls? and one thing no one said you would need to bring that you can't live without now? Stories for the reasons behind your choices would be greatly appreciated too hahaha
    Hello

One thing no one ever told me about university as a whole;
    You won't need every book on the reading list.
    How do I know? I spent a fortune on the books from the reading list when beginning university and a lot of them weren't as useful as they were made out to be.

One thing no one ever told me about halls;
    No matter what the curfew is in halls, security will do bugger all about it.
    There were so many parties throughout my first year and don't get me wrong, they will come round when first called and do their upmost to shut a party down or get a party to be quiet but once they'd gone, they didn't do much else.

Something no one said I should bring but now need;
    Different pots and pans.
    You have never used a wok or a frying pan (surprisingly some people haven't!) but when at university, you'll need these different items if you plan to explore your chef side!

Best of luck

ReputationRep:
    That so many hundreds of pounds would be spent as Nandos.

ReputationRep:
    How little contact time there is. Of course the meaning is to study by yourself but you will still get days off.

ReputationRep:
    That you won't end up going to most of the societies you sign up for

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.