zuli3211
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi guys,
I have got a C in AS psychology but I was expecting a B in it at least. my exam went so well that I was sure, I would get an A or a B as I wrote everything that was written on the revision guide but due to some reason, I ended up getting a C which is below my standards.
I reckon, It is because my exam techniques were not that good and they need to be improved. Therefore, can any of you guys help me out by telling me the specific exam technique required for A level psychology?
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed
Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Fox Corner)
x
georgia.roberts
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by zuli3211)
Hi guys,
I have got a C in AS psychology but I was expecting a B in it at least. my exam went so well that I was sure, I would get an A or a B as I wrote everything that was written on the revision guide but due to some reason, I ended up getting a C which is below my standards.
I reckon, It is because my exam techniques were not that good and they need to be improved. Therefore, can any of you guys help me out by telling me the specific exam technique required for A level psychology?
From my experience, the WJEC Psychology course is very difficult anyway. You have to memorize an insane amount of information. In terms of exam techniques your best bet I would say is to just draft and practice exam questions and past papers all the time. Revise the work and then get someone else to quiz you on it, I hope you get the grade you want sorry if this wasn't much help, I got a C at AS too x
rxchelhorne
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got an A in my psychology. I've never been the strongest at essay writing but I found practice essays really helpful. I had the 'WJEC AS 2015 revision guide' and it had around 5 practice questions per section of each approach. I did a few and gave them to my teacher to mark. I got feedback and did more. I did around 8 essay questions leading up to the exams. I also read the sample answers in the back of the book and memorised what I needed to say to stand out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (191)
43.91%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.26%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (33)
7.59%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (91)
20.92%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.57%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.75%

Watched Threads