Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Messy might not be the right word. Having been to his house quite often I've noticed his kitchen isn't the cleanest. The inside/outside of the microwave is never clean, there's always marks around the sink and on the drain bit that I have the urge to scrub clean. Also he accumulates alot of rubbish, the bin will be full and then there will be other bags of rubbish circling it.

There have been empty drink bottles laying on the floor for a good two weeks. He has a bin outside his house, so i don't really understand why he doesn't use it.

My house isn't perfect at all however I feel that bathrooms and kitchens should be taken care of the most.

This obviously isn't so much a deal breaker or I would have run a mile ages ago. I mean he cooks for me and so on and I never fear that the kitchen equipment might not be clean. Its just when I enter the kitchen my mind wanders and i wonder how he can live like that.

Should i mention it to him?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm maybe when he cooks you something be like "Thanks so much for tea, let me clean up as thanks" or something. Maybe he will offer to help you? Maybe he will tell you not to so he can do it?

The only downside is he will just be like "Sure!" and watch you do it as he sits back..

(Original post by Lucarious30)
    Hmm maybe when he cooks you something be like "Thanks so much for tea, let me clean up as thanks" or something. Maybe he will offer to help you? Maybe he will tell you not to so he can do it?

The only downside is he will just be like "Sure!" and watch you do it as he sits back..
    He won't even let me bring a cup into the kitchen 😂😂 He will jump up and take it from me and say '' Guests don't tidy up''. When he's not around i sneak into the kitchen to do it anyway.

The only thing is I don't want him to get comfortable and think I'm going to clean for him regularly.

Bump

ReputationRep:
    My desk is a total mess, but the rest of my space is clean, tell him it's immature

ReputationRep:
    Hello! Perhaps you could just say to him "maybe try and keep the place a bit cleaner" saying that you're trying to keep your place cleaner/tidier too?

ReputationRep:
    How big is his kitchen? small kitchens get untidy really quickly (i know this from my own house)

It might just be his way of doing things. You have to decide if its that much of a deal breaker or not. you could just mention it and how it makes you feel. though be warned - he might not take too kindly to being told hes a slob, especially if he isnt one

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 25, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.