Delivering at pace

Watch this thread
Audiology999
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I've just finished my A-levels this year and have decided to look for a job. I wanted to apply for an AO job with HMRC. However, I'm struggling with the application process. They want me to give an example of when I have delivered at pace (max 250 words). I want to use the STAR method but can't think of an appropriate situation and was wondering if anybody can help me model an answer. Thanks in advance
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Audiology999)
I've just finished my A-levels this year and have decided to look for a job. I wanted to apply for an AO job with HMRC. However, I'm struggling with the application process. They want me to give an example of when I have delivered at pace (max 250 words). I want to use the STAR method but can't think of an appropriate situation and was wondering if anybody can help me model an answer. Thanks in advance
Star method isn't necessarily appropriate because STAR best defines a specific challenge/issue whereas delivering at pace is more a description of an on-going, environmental requirement of a role. I'd just think of a time where you have had to deliver, deliver, deliver - waiting tables is a classic and say why and how you sustained the tempo.
Marcus133
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
Getting a civil service job really does come down to good behaviour examples using star method as people have said.

What helped me to have really good examples for all the behaviours (including delivering at pace) was www.civilservicesuccess.co.uk they have actual winning examples for all of the competencies/strength questions to help form your own examples at application and interview. I went on to secure an EO role at dwp and then onto heo so v grateful. There was also one website called interview silver i saw - hope this helps and good luck.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (26)
27.96%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (31)
33.33%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (9)
9.68%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.23%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.38%
I’m starting to consider my university options (13)
13.98%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (4)
4.3%
I’m not planning on going to university (2)
2.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed