Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I got my GCSE results today and I did not do nearly as well as I hoped to do. Therefore, I am enquiring if these results are good enough, or whether another career option would be suitable:
    Chemistry A*
    Biology A
    Physics A
    Maths A
    English lit B
    English lang B
    Geography B
    Computer Science B
    Art A
    ICT A*
    Drama A
    German A

Thank you! A-level subjects options are welcome too!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm sorry you didn't do as well as you hoped but those are still good scores. You meet the inimum requirements for many places, though be careful as some places demand A in english language. GCSE heavy med schools are ones like oxford, cardiff, nottingham, leicester, birmingham, QUB...
    As long as you ace the UKCAT/BMAT and choose wisely it should be fine

A-level wise I would recommend biology, and you have to do chemistry. Maths isn't needed so don't feel forced to take maths but I wouldn't recommend taking art or something like that as they, unfortunately, aren't really seen as 'strong subjects'. So maybe psychology, a humanities or a language if you don't want a third science A-level

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.