Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently in the middle of sorting out my UCAS application and I'm applying for 2 courses at SOAS. BA Korean and the BA Korean and Japanese courses.

So here's my problem. My application will be sent off with my birth name and title, but I am a transgender male person and will be legally changing my name by deed poll next year in March, first and last name. I will also be changing my title from Miss to a more gender neutral title, Mx. I would have done this sooner cause I'll be 18 in December, but I'll be overseas for a month from mid-December to January and I'm travelling again for almost a week during March. So I can only change my name after I've done all this travelling.

How much of an interference will this do to my application? As you can tell from my username, my preferred name is Taelor Lee and it's completely from my birth name. Will I need to email the universities that I've applied to after I've done the deed poll to explain my situation? I literally have no idea what to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taelor_Lee)
    I'm currently in the middle of sorting out my UCAS application and I'm applying for 2 courses at SOAS. BA Korean and the BA Korean and Japanese courses.

So here's my problem. My application will be sent off with my birth name and title, but I am a transgender male person and will be legally changing my name by deed poll next year in March, first and last name. I will also be changing my title from Miss to a more gender neutral title, Mx. I would have done this sooner cause I'll be 18 in December, but I'll be overseas for a month from mid-December to January and I'm travelling again for almost a week during March. So I can only change my name after I've done all this travelling.

How much of an interference will this do to my application? As you can tell from my username, my preferred name is Taelor Lee and it's completely from my birth name. Will I need to email the universities that I've applied to after I've done the deed poll to explain my situation? I literally have no idea what to do.
    Whichever uní you decide to study at, call them once you're done travelling or once you've got your login details to enrol online after accepting an offer, you can change your details yourself after logging into the system.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samzy21)
    Whichever uní you decide to study at, call them once you're done travelling or once you've got your login details to enrol online after accepting an offer, you can change your details yourself after logging into the system.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Awesome, thanks. Literally saved me from months of panicking over nothing.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Articles:

SOAS Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

Scape Student Living

Scape Student Living

"Brand new super studios at Scape Shoreditch, three minutes away from Old Street station!"

Quick links:

Unanswered SOAS ThreadsFind out what student life in London is really like in students' own wordsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other SOAS applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.