The Student Room Group

Can I still get into a top university with my GCSE results?

I received my GCSES results today and I'm slightly disappointed. I ideally wanted 8 A*s and 2 As but these are my results:

English Literature: A*
English Language: A*
Maths: A
Physics: B
Chemistry: B (1 mark off an A)
Religious Studies: A*
Spanish: A*
History: A
Latin: A*
Drama: A*

So I got 6A*s, 2As and 2Bs. I know these grades are fine but I'm still quite disappointed. All the subjects I'm doing for A Level I got high A*s in, which is positive for A Level but I still feel I could have done better.

I'm very academic and have aspirations of either Cambridge or going to a high tier American university. Firstly, would Cambridge even consider me with these grades, even if the spring I want to study is completely unrelated to those? I want to possibly take law but am wondering if I would get a chance?

And with universities abroad, does anyone know if top American, Canadian or Australian universities care too !much about GCSEs or are there other more important factors? Should I bother applying with these grades?

Cogratulations to everyone on their results today as well!
Get a grip. They're fine.
Your GCSEs are good. Just work hard for your A Levels and sign up for summer schools. Do everything you can in year 12 to make your personal statement thee best of the best. Also if you do get an offer after your UCAS application practice interviews with your teachers at your college/sixth form. For know focus on your AS subjects :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest