Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    despite that parents still arrent happy with my grades. i was really close to an A* in Art and Geography.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in love with your grades... Did my gcse's last year and got 7A* 2A 1B 1C. Your grades are similar to mine if not better. You should be proud of yourself. Btw wat were your parents expecting??

ReputationRep:
    As long as you're happy with your results that's all that matters! You've done amazing! Don't let people who don't fully understand the difficulty of doing GCSEs dampen your spirits! You must be one of the top performers in your school! You can get in you college/sixth form easily with those grades and if you keep working hard you'll keep achieving great things.
    My parents said to me as long as I tried my best it didn't matter what I ended up with and they saw the amount of time I spent revising and we're proud of me and yours should be too! To get those results you must've worked hard! You can only do your best and should be proud of your achievements!

ReputationRep:
    They are really good results! What is important is whether YOU are happy with them, and you definitely should be, so don't let your parents stop you from being proud of your achievements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student004)
    despite that parents still arrent happy with my grades. i was really close to an A* in Art and Geography.
    It doesn't matter what your parents think. If you're happy, and you can do what you what, that is what matters.

ReputationRep:
    what did you get a C in? was it an important subject?

ReputationRep:
    well done!!!!!! your parents should be extremely happy!! I could only dream of getting 6 A*s

ReputationRep:
    Move out ASAP.

ReputationRep:
    As long as your happy its fine, btw GCSE is like forgotten about at/after Alevel. They literally just get you to college and help you out to either oxbridge or medicine in an oxbridge equivalent, if your not planning to go oxbridge then literally forget all about them, and if you are your grades are still better than average. Only thing they will help with is if your not going to college or uni.

ReputationRep:
    are your parents asian or something? My parents are asian and my Dad went mental when my Sister got 4A*s and 6As a few years ago.

ReputationRep:
    Smfh parents like this annoy me, they should at least be happy that you passed everything.
    Your grades are great, better than mine

ReputationRep:
    This was the same for me last year, I got 6A*s, I think my parents were expecting 10A*s...

It took them a while, but they realised after a couple of days that my results were good and they were proud of me in the end.

Your self-worth should be based on your own happiness.

As long as you have tried your best, they should be happy for you.

ReputationRep:
    With all due respect f ur parents like those grades are AMAZING u must have worked hard its ur grade not theirs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happiness12)
    what did you get a C in? was it an important subject?
    English language

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.