The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

GCSE Grades for Korean Language.

What GCSE Grades are needed to Study Korean at SOAS University?
I Have a C grade in french GCSE, and currently studying for TOPIK II exam to achieve a level 4 in Korean language.
But what are the essential GCSE grades, like most university have a requirement of 4 GCSE grades A-C right? The only C i am missing is from Maths :frown: but I am re taking it this year in November. I am predicted DDD in my btec too and the minimum is DDM.

I heard SOAS is quite flexible when it comes to Languages, and I have put all my experience about Korean language, and that I will be taking the TOPIK II exam in June 2017 to prove my language ability in my personal statment
Hi there! I know this was posted 2 years ago, but did you ever find out/ end up going to study Korean? Also would you mind explaining the TOPIK exam? I'm looking for a Korean language exam to undertake whilst I do my A-levels
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Original post by lcrabt21
Hi there! I know this was posted 2 years ago, but did you ever find out/ end up going to study Korean? Also would you mind explaining the TOPIK exam? I'm looking for a Korean language exam to undertake whilst I do my A-levels

Hi, I'm currently studying Korean at SOAS if you have any questions :smile: The TOPIK exam is the official proficiency test which is recognised by the Korean government and employers. It requires dedicated and specific study so if you plan to do it alongside your A-Levels you will need to set quite a lot of time aside for it and will probably need to invest in some textbooks and revision guides, rather than just being able to go in with no specific study. Of course, you can do that but it's not recommended so consider whether you have the time for that before you book an exam date

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending