Ppe applicants 2017???!

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Thought I'd start this off. Who's applying for PPE and where at??

I really want Exeter but I'm applying Lancaster and probably York too. No idea where else

ReputationRep:
    Just set my choices for PPE on the UCAS page for the first time tonight. My choices in preference order:

Oxford (Bailliol), LSE, UCL, Durham, Exeter

All the courses look good, what was of note was that the LSE course was a 4 year one as opposed to the normal 3, which didn't particularly bother me but might put you off if you want to get into work or wherever more quickly. Also the UCL course is classified as a BSc, bachelor of science, while all the others are BA, bachelor of Arts, which might say something about the approach to PPE at UCL

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applying for PPE received any offers yet?

ReputationRep:
    I applied for PPE at Oxford (Christ Church), Durham (University College), KCL, Manchester and Stirling. Manchester took a week to get back to me and they gave AAB offer. No other replies yet though. I read Durham try to wait until January to give most of their offers out, to "give equal consideration to each individual application".

This link from 2013 might help: https://www.dur.ac.uk/resources/unde...g2013Entry.pdf

Is anyone ready for the TSA next Wednesday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE student 1)
    Just got an offer from Stirling!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, what were everyones predicted grades (applying for UCL and LSE). Mine are currently A*AA but not sure if I should apply there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ozil5)
    Hi, what were everyones predicted grades (applying for UCL and LSE). Mine are currently A*AA but not sure if I should apply there.
    Mine are A*A*AA (Maths, Economics, Religious Studies and French).

LSE ask for an A* in Maths don't they? If your A* prediction is in Maths then go for it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CameronButt)
    Mine are A*A*AA (Maths, Economics, Religious Studies and French).

LSE ask for an A* in Maths don't they? If your A* prediction is in Maths then go for it!
    Thanks man and yeah they do ask for the A* in maths. I think I may apply but im just worried as its very competitive. Good luck for your TSA btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CameronButt)
    Just got an offer from Stirling!
    Yes, uncon from Birmingham!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ally's)
    Yes, uncon from Birmingham!
    Congratulations, that's fantastic - does it have to be your firm choice then? Where else have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Oxford, Durham, Nottingham and Warwick and to Bristol for E&P- I have offers from Notts and Bristol so far

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prospectiveppe)
    I applied to Oxford, Durham, Nottingham and Warwick and to Bristol for E&P- I have offers from Notts and Bristol so far
    Bristol Economics and Phil or Econ and Pol? And congratulations on your offers thats great! Would you mind sharing your predicted grades as I was also hoping to apply to Nottingham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ozil5)
    Bristol Economics and Phil or Econ and Pol? And congratulations on your offers thats great! Would you mind sharing your predicted grades as I was also hoping to apply to Nottingham
    Economics and Politics (I should have realised that was pretty ambiguous). I have predicted grades of 4 A*s (think it is unlikely I will get this, because doing 4 means I have less time for each subject) but Notts don't require anything like that- my offer is the usual A*AA/A*ABB. Where else are you thinking of applying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prospectiveppe)
    Economics and Politics (I should have realised that was pretty ambiguous). I have predicted grades of 4 A*s (think it is unlikely I will get this, because doing 4 means I have less time for each subject) but Notts don't require anything like that- my offer is the usual A*AA/A*ABB. Where else are you thinking of applying?
    Wow thats amazing congratulations! I'm still so unsure on where to apply, Im pretty sure I will apply to Kings, UCL and Warwick but not too sure on the other two. Potentially Nottingham, York, Leeds or LSE (big risk but worth a try)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ozil5)
    Wow thats amazing congratulations! I'm still so unsure on where to apply, Im pretty sure I will apply to Kings, UCL and Warwick but not too sure on the other two. Potentially Nottingham, York, Leeds or LSE (big risk but worth a try)
    Ah, London unis.. I decided I want to get out of the capital so I haven't applied to any of them! Warwick is fantastic (from what I've seen) for PPE- I liked Nottingham as more of an insurance with its lower 4 grade offer, but it is still a nice uni and well-respected.

ReputationRep:
    Applied for Oxford (St. Anne's), York, UEA, Sheffield (Philosophy and econ only) and Cardiff (Philosophy and econ only). Had offers from UEA and Cardiff already

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE student 1)
    I've received offers from York, Leeds and Sussex

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ebie84)
    I've received offers from York, Leeds and Sussex
    What are your predicted grades and conditions for York? 🤔

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to Oxford (wadham), York, Manchester, Southampton and Reading and I've already got offers from York and Manchester !!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Handed in application in early Oct, nothing so far. Applied to Ox, KCL, Warwick, Exeter, Southampton..

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 16, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.