Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I wish to pursue a career in Economics/Finance at a Russel Group University.
    I have just finished my GCSE's and received my grades. I know it's mostly on your A-Level results these days, but I am worried that my grades may be a hindrance on my application.

I achieved:
    A* - Maths
    A* - History
    A - English Langauge
    A - English Literature
    B - Chemistry
    B - Biology
    B - Physics
    C - French
    C - Computing (However this might go up to a B as there was a problem with the marking on one of the coursework)

ReputationRep:
    I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure those grades won't hinder you especially because of your mathematics and history grade since econ is a mix of essay writing and applied maths

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.