Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Should George Bush and Tony Blair be tried for War Crimes? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Should George Bush and Tony Blair be tried for War Crimes? Feel free to post if you want, but I'm only really interested in the poll..

ReputationRep:
    i feel that bush went to war for personal gain. Blair just followed like a "lap dog" or slave :rolleyes: . I think Blair was quite reluctant to go to war, and his intelligence sources were inaccurate. I dont blame the poor guy- he probably felt like the UK owed the US something after WWI/WWII.

My view is probably quite biased though, as my family has been deeply affected by BOTH Bush governments...I felt safer under the Clinton government- even if he was a womaniser- he was a great politician!

ReputationRep:
    I reckon that this WMD thing was well out of order, but BUSH and BLAIR did do what the UN should ahve done a long time ago as SADDAM was taking the piss.
    Further to that, everyone goes on about how many IRAQIS died from the invasion, this is bad yes, but how many would die at SADDAM'S hands? What state would those people be in if he were still there?

ReputationRep:
    Bush and Blair shouldn't be tried as they removed a dictator and saved many lives in the future by doing so.

Secondly even if Bush and Blair were charged they would never be taken to court. How could they be in Bush's place they would have to go through the entire US military and Secret Service!

ReputationRep:
    Have they actually committed a war crime in order to be tried? If so please expand.

ReputationRep:
    I'm waiting for the wrath of Vienna etc to be unleashed! The idea that Bush/Blair be tried for war crimes is ridiculous. Which war crimes? The conduct of the armed forces in Iraq for the most part has been good and the legitamacy of the combat is a massive grey area, which has already been discussed to a great extent on these forums. Certainly to obtain a conviction from such ambiguous evidence would be impossible.

PS Visesh your signature is far too big. Reduce the font size.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carldaman)
    wrath of Vienna

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by USUK1)
    Bush and Blair shouldn't be tried as they removed a dictator and saved many lives in the future by doing so.
    What? you think that is a reasonable excuse to go to war? If so, why dont we all go to war with mugabe and zimbabwe? and why stop there - how about north korea? Pakistan? but wait - what will the brits and americans get out of it - no oil there i dont think..........

ReputationRep:
    what war crimes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    what war crimes?
    Exactly? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    i don't think they should be tried for war crimes however the way in which they manipulated the public was disgraceful. here is an example osama bin laden offered the saudis that right the SAUDIS 100,000 men to fight the IRAQIS and yet links between Bin Laden and Hussein were constantly being announced (oh and to keep Vienna happy that stat is taken from Middle East International according to the Observer)

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.