Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My ICT grade was oddly lower than predicted falling from an A to a C. It came to me that my coursework was predicted an A but when marked.. fell to a D. I worked out eventually that it is because the wrong version of my course work had been sent of. Is there anything I can do about this?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I'm not sure if anything is possible at this point. If it's down to a mistake on your teacher's behalf then perhaps something can be done….

The Learn Ranger — can you advise please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanielHC10)
    My ICT grade was oddly lower than predicted falling from an A to a C. It came to me that my coursework was predicted an A but when marked.. fell to a D. I worked out eventually that it is because the wrong version of my course work had been sent of. Is there anything I can do about this?
    Why were there two versions? Did you have to sign a cover sheet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
    Why were there two versions? Did you have to sign a cover sheet?
    2 Versions because we were told that we shouldn't delete our work just in case anything happened to it. Yes we did sign a cover sheet

ReputationRep:
    2 Versions because we were told that we shouldn't delete our work just in case anything happened to it. Yes we did sign a cover sheet
    And is the work sent off electronically? Or did you print it out, attach it to the cover sheet and hand it in?

ReputationRep:
    And is the work sent off electronically? Or did you print it out, attach it to the cover sheet and hand it in?
    Electronically, teacher sent it off.

ReputationRep:
    Electronically, teacher sent it off.
    And how do you know it was the wrong version?

ReputationRep:
    And how do you know it was the wrong version?
    Because my overall grade was a D, when my teacher marked it... it was an A. Surely the predicted grade and overall grade should be similar and not so different.

ReputationRep:
    Because my overall grade was a D, when my teacher marked it... it was an A. Surely the predicted grade and overall grade should be similar and not so different.
    I think you will find many, many examples of that happening. It sounds like the teacher graded it too high to begin with.

ReputationRep:
    I think you will find many, many examples of that happening. It sounds like the teacher graded it too high to begin with.
    No but the issue is that I have always been a high achiever in ICT, in the exam I got an A. In all my mocks, I got A's and my coursework was marked by the teacher as an A. Everything matched the Controlled Assessment brief, of course not a 100% best because it would be an A* but my overall coursework wasn't D standard.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    No but the issue is that I have always been a high achiever in ICT, in the exam I got an A. In all my mocks, I got A's and my coursework was marked by the teacher as an A. Everything matched the Controlled Assessment brief, of course not a 100% best because it would be an A* but my overall coursework wasn't D standard.
    Sounds tricky ....

Do you have both versions saved with dates? Can you take the issue up with your teacher - explaining carefully what you think may have happened and providing evidence?

I'm afraid you might not be able to sort things out for this exam .... but see what they say anyway.

Let me know what happens.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Learn Ranger)
    Sounds tricky ....

Do you have both versions saved with dates? Can you take the issue up with your teacher - explaining carefully what you think may have happened and providing evidence?

I'm afraid you might not be able to sort things out for this exam .... but see what they say anyway.

Let me know what happens.

Good luck.
    Sadly, and stupidly... the teacher has left the school. All ICT teachers are new, all versions have dates modified

ReputationRep:
    I am also having the same problem. Many people at my school got much lower then the teacher had predicted. I was predicted a high A in the coursework, yet, it seems that they have only marked me as a C. My school is talking to the exam board about this issue. Was it Edexcel by chance?

ReputationRep:
    If you genuinely think there was a mistake you need to speak to your exams officer
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Sadly, and stupidly... the teacher has left the school. All ICT teachers are new, all versions have dates modified
    Well, not sure the teacher was stupid to leave the school!... But it sounds like you're running out of options, mostly because there'[s no evidence to support your version of events. It's probably time to grit your teeth and try to forget about it.

Sorry.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.