Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So freshers week is coming up (or 'Welcome week' as the uni insists on calling it) and I have no idea what tickets I should buy, what events are worthwhile and what would just be a waste of money.

There's a bunch of events set up by events companies like 'f*ck me it's freshers' and the 'big freshers icebreaker' but I can't find any info on them apart from advertising from the companies. The only testaments or whatever are from shill accounts posting on facebook groups stuff like "Can't wait for [event], it's gonna be a total banger!!!! [emoji]".

Then there's the SU events which seem fine but weirdly expensive.

Does anyone here have any actual experience of these things? What did you do in freshers week?

Also, is the accomodation wristband worth the money?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skatchan)
    So freshers week is coming up (or 'Welcome week' as the uni insists on calling it) and I have no idea what tickets I should buy, what events are worthwhile and what would just be a waste of money.

There's a bunch of events set up by events companies like 'f*ck me it's freshers' and the 'big freshers icebreaker' but I can't find any info on them apart from advertising from the companies. The only testaments or whatever are from shill accounts posting on facebook groups stuff like "Can't wait for [event], it's gonna be a total banger!!!! [emoji]".

Then there's the SU events which seem fine but weirdly expensive.

Does anyone here have any actual experience of these things? What did you do in freshers week?

Also, is the accommodation wristband worth the money?
    1. Wait until you arrive

2. Look at what everyone else is doing

3. (a) Buy a Union wristband if everyone else has one or

3. (b) Buy individual entry to the events everyone else is doing

ReputationRep:
    Even though the uni and the various student companies insist they'll be sold out by the week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skatchan)
    Even though the uni and the various student companies insist they'll be sold out by the week?
    Yes they're never sold out.

ReputationRep:
    You're right no one is going to icebreaker and you can buy a wristband/tickets to what everyone is actually doing once you get there
    Wristband is worth the money if the people you're with have one (only one other person in my flat had one) and you do most of the events

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.