Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got mostly B's and 1 D (could have been a C but I missed it by one mark.. ouch) and I feel pretty disappointed. I think I will be sending 2 papers for remarks (English and Lit, because I'm 2 and 3 marks away from an A) but even then I'm nervous.

My mum is more than happy about my results since they're all good passes, and especially because I struggled in Maths and somehow managed to get myself a B! But yet I feel down. It was really upsetting to see not even one A on my results...

What do you think about B's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bookooo)
    I got mostly B's and 1 D (could have been a C but I missed it by one mark.. ouch) and I feel pretty disappointed. I think I will be sending 2 papers for remarks (English and Lit, because I'm 2 and 3 marks away from an A) but even then I'm nervous.

My mum is more than happy about my results since they're all good passes, and especially because I struggled in Maths and somehow managed to get myself a B! But yet I feel down. It was really upsetting to see not even one A on my results...

Only around 60% of students manage to get 5A*-C in English and maths.

You've gotten mostly B grades, including English and maths.

Statistically, you're doing better than the vast majority.

ReputationRep:
    Not at all! Different people have different aspirations and targets! As long as you know you tried you hardest and it gets you to the next stage in your education then it really does not matter! I feel like tsr gives a very warped perception of average grades! Not everyone gets 10 A/A*, not in the slightest! Be proud of yourself and your achievements! Think about the people who struggle to get 5 Cs, you have done well!!!!
    • TSR Community Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor

You shouldn't compare yourself to others. Getting B's is a great result and you should be really proud of the grades you got. I hope you get to celebrate and have a lovely bank holiday weekend
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    It's definitely not unimpressive! The wider world always discusses those students that have resulted in exceptional grades - the tip of the ice-berg. You have done really well and in a few days will be able to see things as they are. Your mum is right to be happy, and congrats on the B in Maths! Excellent work.

ReputationRep:
    Remember that this is TSR and the vast majority on the website, especially those who post frequently are likely to be very academic, also people are likely to post very strong results on the website, while the vast majority would feel uncomfortable posting results which they may be unhappy with. (And then I imagine quite a few lie about results in an attempt to get praise, which I struggle to understand)

Remember that getting a B is a good grade, it shows that you have understood and developed the material during secondary education. Remember that you cannot 'fail' secondary education/GCSE's.

Getting straight B's is a fantastic achievement and you should be proud! Its important now to focus on the future whether that involves A-Levels/Apprenticeship or anything else.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Honestly, getting all Bs save for 1 D is really good. As long as these grades allow you to continue down the path you want, your probably better set than someone who is a brilliant at a handful of things but just OK at the rest.

Being a jack of all trades is better than being a master of one.

ReputationRep:
    Straight B's in some cases have a higher average grade point of a mixture of As Bs and Cs. Don't be disheartened.

ReputationRep:

I felt the same way when I didn't get any A's (I got 8 B's and 2 C's) and most of them were so close to the next grade. I was so disappointed.

However, getting B's show what you are capable of doing and are really good to achieve, so don't dwell on it too much.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.