Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im taking Business studies, Government and politics and Geography for A level but i cant decide what my fourth option should be; Im deciding between Biology and English. Im good at biology, but feel that english would be better for the jobs im interested in (lawyer/journalist/business person), but i dont think i do that well in the english exams. Any advice???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dunnowot2take)
    Im taking Business studies, Government and politics and Geography for A level but i cant decide what my fourth option should be; Im deciding between Biology and English. Im good at biology, but feel that english would be better for the jobs im interested in (lawyer/journalist/business person), but i dont think i do that well in the english exams. Any advice???
    english
    if ur hoping to be a journalist it wud b perfect
    plus my friend took biology and ended up dropping it bcoz she despised it
    plus english is always useful because its our language!

Do biology, and you might want to think about different jobs maybe, it's not like you're set on one job with those three you listed all being so different.

If you want to be a journalist you should definitely do english though.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I totally agree, English for journalist, lawyer etc. Do you mean Eng lang or lit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dunnowot2take)
    You've already done a simmilar if not the same thread in the academic section which I and a few others have replied to.

ReputationRep:
    if you wanna be a lawyer then do english, although cos u have politics you won't be hugey disadvantaged if you don't take it. bioogy complements geog and bus studies well (genetic engineering/industrial microbiology sections anyway) and english complements the politics. up to you realy. i loved studying both of those subjects, they are both fantastic alevels in their own right

ReputationRep:
    english. it would definately be an advantage for journalism, law, anything that requires some sort of communication. it is looked as a well respected subject by uni's a well. are you thinking lang or lit?

ReputationRep:
    Take English - biology doesn't relate to your chosen career nearly as well!
    And you can always work on your exam technique. Biology AL is hard work.

ReputationRep:
    I really liked Bio AS level, and am carrying it on to full A2, but English probably suits your career path better. I'd be thinking of doing English or History at uni to go into journalism, as employers tend to prefer these to Journalism degrees.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.