Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So basically, I applied to the Uni of Warwick, my finance was accepted and I was going to get a maintenance loan of £8200.
    I didn't get into my firm or insurance, so I got a place at Aston Uni through clearing, and updated my finance details with SFE. I just got the letter confirming my change - but in the "Total Student finance we'll pay to you" section, it states £8375.00.
    What's that all about?
    Do I need to inform them?
    (I'll be living in private student halls in Birmingham)

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they are just paying you more to combat the increased prices in Birmingham? If its private halls, it'll probably be more expensive, so I guess they just believe it's worthy of more. Either way, rejoice at more money lmao.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MPH125)
    Maybe they are just paying you more to combat the increased prices in Birmingham? If its private halls, it'll probably be more expensive, so I guess they just believe it's worthy of more.
    The only place where you automatically get a higher Maintenance Loan is London. Everywhere else is a flat rate. Also, no account is taken of the cost of your accommodation or any other outgoings. At no point in your application will SF ask for the cost of your rent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hjmdavies)
    So basically, I applied to the Uni of Warwick, my finance was accepted and I was going to get a maintenance loan of £8200.
    I didn't get into my firm or insurance, so I got a place at Aston Uni through clearing, and updated my finance details with SFE. I just got the letter confirming my change - but in the "Total Student finance we'll pay to you" section, it states £8375.00.
    What's that all about?
    Do I need to inform them?
    (I'll be living in private student halls in Birmingham)
    Surely this isn't a problem. Maybe just phone them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Is your course more than 30 weeks and 3 days?

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.