Viridiana16
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi everyone! I need help. I pass all my subjects except maths😪. I did edexl maths foundation and I got 68 points and is a D. I checked the boundaries but I'm confused as in a foundation paper a D has 142 marks and in the higher paper a D has 35 marks. My teacher told me that I was 2 marks off to get a C??. The boundaries for a higher paper to get a C are 70 marks. I'm really confused now??
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Viridiana16)
Hi everyone! I need help. I pass all my subjects except maths😪. I did edexl maths foundation and I got 68 points and is a D. I checked the boundaries but I'm confused as in a foundation paper a D has 142 marks and in the higher paper a D has 35 marks. My teacher told me that I was 2 marks off to get a C??. The boundaries for a higher paper to get a C are 70 marks. I'm really confused now??
Did you take higher or foundation? If you took higher, your teacher's statement is correct.

Edit: Looking back, you couldn't have took foundation, as a 68 would be a mid G.
Viridiana16
Rep:
?
(Original post by _gcx)
Did you take higher or foundation? If you took higher, your teacher's statement is correct.

Edit: Looking back, you couldn't have took foundation, as a 68 would be a mid G.
Hi. That is why I'm confused. I took foundation.
L0st45
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Are you certain you did foundation?
Clemm101
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Something is wrong here, you need to speak to your teacher/exams officer. You could not have taken the Foundation paper and got 68 marks and got a D - simples. It isn't possible. Trust me, I'm an exams officer and I know these things
Viridiana16
Rep:
?
(Original post by Clemm101)
Something is wrong here, you need to speak to your teacher/exams officer. You could not have taken the Foundation paper and got 68 marks and got a D - simples. It isn't possible. Trust me, I'm an exams officer and I know these things
R

Hi. I took this.
Board edexel/gc
Level. GCSE/FC
Title Mathematics A (linear) Option F
Points 68

I'm so confused😪
Viridiana16
Rep:
?
(Original post by L0st45)
Are you certain you did foundation?

Hi. I took this.Board edexel/gcLevel. GCSE/FCTitle Mathematics A (linear) Option FPoints 68
I'm so confused😪
Viridiana16
Rep:
?
Hi. I took this.
My teacher told. Me that I was 2 marks off from a C.
I checked the boundaries but it doesn't make scenes.
I need help 😥😥😥😥

Board edexel/gc
Level. GCSE/FCTitle Mathematics A (linear) Option FPoints 68
Viridiana16
Rep:
?
Hi everyone! I need help. I pass all my subjects except maths😪. I did edexl maths foundation and I got 68 points and is a D. I checked the boundaries but I'm confused as in a foundation paper a D has 142 marks and in the higher paper a D has 35 marks. My teacher told me that I was 2 marks off to get a C??. The boundaries for a higher paper to get a C are 70 marks. I'm really confused now?
This is the result in the report.
Board edexel/gc
Level. GCSE/FCTitle Mathematics A (linear) Option FPoints 68
Viridiana16
Rep:
?
(Original post by Clemm101)
Something is wrong here, you need to speak to your teacher/exams officer. You could not have taken the Foundation paper and got 68 marks and got a D - simples. It isn't possible. Trust me, I'm an exams officer and I know athese things

Hi. I took this.Board edexel/gcLevel. GCSE/FCTitle Mathematics A (linear) Option FPoints 68

😪😪😪😪😪 I'm so confused
hello654321
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
how do you find out marks for each paper
123moon
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I also did edexcel foundation maths this year and was one mark off a C ( got 141 overall raw mark) which is so annoying so i know how you feel but yes i think you have been told something else do you mean 68 points overall as a raw mark on one of the papers or UMS..? But if you were two marks then you must of got 140 but on my results sheet the number of points i got was 34 because that is the UMS equivalent to a D grade and 40 points is for the C so it strange that you have 68…? It is possible that 68 would have been what you would have got if you sat the higher paper if you were two marks off but dw it is probably just an error that you speak to your teachers about that way that can contact the exam board or reprint your results if need be.

Hope I could help..!
123moon
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by hello654321)
how do you find out marks for each paper
Ask your maths teachers that's what i did but idk maybe each school is different.
hello654321
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 123moon)
Ask your maths teachers that's what i did but idk maybe each school is different.
I've kind of left the school now i can't ask her
Clemm101
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
R

Hi. I took this.
Board edexel/gc
Level. GCSE/FC
Title Mathematics A (linear) Option F
Points 68

I'm so confused😪
Hi,

Actual 'points' (as reported on your results slip) awarded for a D in Maths are 34. Those awarded for an A* are 58, so as far as 'points' go 68 isn't even possible.
Further more Edexcel don't provide their maths marks for provisional results statements so unless your school physically add these things to your results (if they do they have more time on their hands than me,) you're not going to be seeing them.
Could you post a picture of your results slip. I'm wondering if they've manually added info to create you results statement and made a mistake. The only way you're going to find out your ACTUAL mark is to contact your school.

Either way, IF you were 2 marks away from a C you should consider a re-mark and will need to contact them for this anyway.
Viridiana16
Rep:
?
(Original post by 123moon)
I also did edexcel foundation maths this year and was one mark off a C ( got 141 overall raw mark) which is so annoying so i know how you feel but yes i think you have been told something else do you mean 68 points overall as a raw mark on one of the papers or UMS..? But if you were two marks then you must of got 140 but on my results sheet the number of points i got was 34 because that is the UMS equivalent to a D grade and 40 points is for the C so it strange that you have 68…? It is possible that 68 would have been what you would have got if you sat the higher paper if you were two marks off but dw it is probably just an error that you speak to your teachers about that way that can contact the exam board or reprint your results if need be.

Hope I could help..!
Thank you for your help and I'm really sorry that you were one mark off to get a C.
Are you going to ask to remark the exam? Definitely I did foundation and the teacher told my that I was 2 marks off to get a C. I thought the 68 points were my points for my mark but it is not. In my result paper didn't come how many marks I got and that is very annoying. I just have the information that my teacher said that I was 2 marks off to get a C.
Thank you 😪😊
123moon
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by hello654321)
I've kind of left the school now i can't ask her
Oh.. you could possibly email her or if it's not that urgent wait till september
123moon
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thank you for your help and I'm really sorry that you were one mark off to get a C.
Are you going to ask to remark the exam? Definitely I did foundation and the teacher told my that I was 2 marks off to get a C. I thought the 68 points were my points for my mark but it is not. In my result paper didn't come how many marks I got and that is very annoying. I just have the information that my teacher said that I was 2 marks off to get a C.
Thank you 😪😊
No problem glad i could help! And yes i have sent off one of the papers to be remarked as i know what i got individually on each of the papers (my teacher told me) and yeah it is devastating but i still have to have hope and i'm just hoping/praying it will go up
How about you are you remarking? 2 of my friends were two marks off too so we are not the only ones...
Jasmine 654
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm so scared.....my gcse exam is going on. what if I fail my maths?, I'm so scared, I don't want to fail my maths and English ☹️😞
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (659)
33.45%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (839)
42.59%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (383)
19.44%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (89)
4.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed