Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi...
    i am a little confused... one of my friends, when i said i was considering withdrawing from ucas... told me that if i withdraw from an already accepted course and i met the requirements anyway, im still liable to pay the course fees regardless of whther i attend or not. :confused: is that true? Im not sure if this friend is just subtly telling me a load of bull so that we still end up going to the same uni or not, which is why i need this clarifying...

please help! thanks :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like your mates is messing around with you :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    No, I'm pretty sure that isn't true It seems rather cruel of your "friend" to suggest so, although they themselves may have been misled.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    Sounds like your mates is messing around with you :rolleyes:
    oh right... gosh, i nearly had a heart attack when he told me! I thought it was odd cos i never heard of that happening before and my teachers had never sed to me... plus i was like... er... i dont recall reading that in the terms and conditions! :confused: I even questioned this friend of mine, and he didnt really answer my questions but was "subtly" trying to make me feel i had no choice but to stay with my uni choice... (cos he wants us to be together there i think)

thanks for clarifying things tho! *huge sigh of relief!!!*

Can i withdraw even til after results day? cos it sez in the little booklet thing that u can til late Sept or something i think!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you must withdraw your application before 30 September 2004 if you want to apply for entry in 2005 (this really effects people who've deferred entry more). If you want to go through clearing you'll have to contact the universities you've accepted offers with to see if they'll release you.

I *think* you have to confirm that you're accepting a place after you get your results anyway, so you don't really need to "withdraw" as such. But don't quote me on that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vyse)
    Yes, you must withdraw your application before 30 September 2004 if you want to apply for entry in 2005 (this really effects people who've deferred entry more). If you want to go through clearing you'll have to contact the universities you've accepted offers with to see if they'll release you.

I *think* you have to confirm that you're accepting a place after you get your results anyway, so you don't really need to "withdraw" as such. But don't quote me on that.
    the thing is... (not that my friend knows.... its complicated... long story)... but um, im awaiting some interviews that take place AFTER Results day, so if they go well, ill definitely wont be needing my uni offers... My interview is for an art foundation year (which dusnt use ucas)... and my uni offers are for psych... (again, long story) Obviously i wanna keep my options oppen, which is why im wondering what to do... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    gosh, i feel awful about my friend tho... but i just think its a bit silly making a commitment based purely on one person who i cant be sure be there for me always anyway come uni-time...

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.