This discussion is closed.
*skye*
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
hi...
i am a little confused... one of my friends, when i said i was considering withdrawing from ucas... told me that if i withdraw from an already accepted course and i met the requirements anyway, im still liable to pay the course fees regardless of whther i attend or not. :confused: is that true? Im not sure if this friend is just subtly telling me a load of bull so that we still end up going to the same uni or not, which is why i need this clarifying...

please help! thanks :confused:
Whats_The_411?
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Sounds like your mates is messing around with you :rolleyes:
Vyse
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
No, I'm pretty sure that isn't true It seems rather cruel of your "friend" to suggest so, although they themselves may have been misled.
*skye*
Rep:
?
(Original post by Whats_The_411?)
Sounds like your mates is messing around with you :rolleyes:
oh right... gosh, i nearly had a heart attack when he told me! I thought it was odd cos i never heard of that happening before and my teachers had never sed to me... plus i was like... er... i dont recall reading that in the terms and conditions! :confused: I even questioned this friend of mine, and he didnt really answer my questions but was "subtly" trying to make me feel i had no choice but to stay with my uni choice... (cos he wants us to be together there i think)

thanks for clarifying things tho! *huge sigh of relief!!!*

Can i withdraw even til after results day? cos it sez in the little booklet thing that u can til late Sept or something i think!
Vyse
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yes, you must withdraw your application before 30 September 2004 if you want to apply for entry in 2005 (this really effects people who've deferred entry more). If you want to go through clearing you'll have to contact the universities you've accepted offers with to see if they'll release you.

I *think* you have to confirm that you're accepting a place after you get your results anyway, so you don't really need to "withdraw" as such. But don't quote me on that.
*skye*
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vyse)
Yes, you must withdraw your application before 30 September 2004 if you want to apply for entry in 2005 (this really effects people who've deferred entry more). If you want to go through clearing you'll have to contact the universities you've accepted offers with to see if they'll release you.

I *think* you have to confirm that you're accepting a place after you get your results anyway, so you don't really need to "withdraw" as such. But don't quote me on that.
the thing is... (not that my friend knows.... its complicated... long story)... but um, im awaiting some interviews that take place AFTER Results day, so if they go well, ill definitely wont be needing my uni offers... My interview is for an art foundation year (which dusnt use ucas)... and my uni offers are for psych... (again, long story) Obviously i wanna keep my options oppen, which is why im wondering what to do... :confused:
*skye*
Rep:
?
gosh, i feel awful about my friend tho... but i just think its a bit silly making a commitment based purely on one person who i cant be sure be there for me always anyway come uni-time...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (40)
20.83%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (46)
23.96%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (35)
18.23%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (41)
21.35%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (16)
8.33%
I haven't started researching yet (14)
7.29%

Watched Threads