Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So i got my AS results last week and got ACC, so i'm moving onto A2 with those 3 however i enrolled today to do an AS only in Business Studies just to get extra UCAS points - my UNI will only accept 20 AS UCAS Points towards an offer so i'm literally aiming for an E.

I was wondering if anyone has ever had any experience with business studies? What's it like? Is the maths hard/content difficult? I literally have no idea what it's about which is kind of exciting since there's no pressure to get a high grade!

ReputationRep:
    I did AS Business studies with AQA and got 78/80 and 111/120. It's easy, just be sure to prepare for it and make sure you know how to write an essay properly.

From what I remember there isn't any maths content until A2.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely awful. I dropped it after 5 months. Best decision I've made. If you want something challenging and rewarding for the time you put in then psss on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0range)
    I did AS Business studies with AQA and got 78/80 and 111/120. It's easy, just be sure to prepare for it and make sure you know how to write an essay properly.

From what I remember there isn't any maths content until A2.
    What was the content?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)
    Absolutely awful. I dropped it after 5 months. Best decision I've made. If you want something challenging and rewarding for the time you put in then psss on it.
    As i said i literally need an E so i'm not really revising for it just going to the lessons!

ReputationRep:
    People say business is such an easy subject but it really isn't, it is a hard and demanding a level and with a whole year of revision i managed to get an A in my AS, after getting a U in unit 1 and 100% A in unit 2.

A please be aware that academically it is the most boring a level out there, but it is easy to get an E.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rigby16)
    As i said i literally need an E so i'm not really revising for it just going to the lessons!
    If you can add up basic numbers and do stuff like percentages and know a little about Business you don't even need to attend lessons lol

ReputationRep:
    What was the content?
    Dunno, can't remember, did it like 5 years ago?

Did the opposite, didn't go to any of the lessons and just revised for it the weekend beforehand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0range)
    Dunno, can't remember, did it like 5 years ago?

Did the opposite, didn't go to any of the lessons and just revised for it the weekend beforehand.
    Well i have asked to do it so it'd be abit of a slap in the face to ask to do it then not turn up to lessons! Possibly towards my A2 exams i wouldn't go.

ReputationRep:
    I did edxecel business As level and what i can say is there is a small amount of maths in it, simple questions like changing equations and exploiting data. As far as content wise, it is quite good. I would recommend that you revise a lot for it as there is a lot of essay questions (Highest ive done is a 20 mark question).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BR1999)
    A please be aware that academically it is the most boring a level out there, but it is easy to get an E.
    I've seen a few people bashing business for being boring - personally, it was my favourite subject. It depends if you're business minded/currently enjoy reading the business section in the news.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dreammachine1997)
    I've seen a few people bashing business for being boring - personally, it was my favourite subject. It depends if you're business minded/currently enjoy reading the business section in the news.
    I'm business minded just the content in edexcel board is really dry. I really enjoyed the application side of unit 2 😊

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.